Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    cowboy.cutie Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 2, 2010, 03:24 PM
    Can a Male and a Female share a one bedroom apartment in the state of Oregon?
    I am a 26 year old female. With a 44 year old male best friend. We have decided we want to move in together since we spend so much time hanging out anyway. He has invited me to move into his one bedroom apartment here in Oregon. He wants to give me and my 3 year old daughter the bedroom, and turn the dining area into his space. The problem that has risen is his girlfriend is the manager of the apartment complex. She says she is OK with us living together. She provided me with my application, and has already photocopied all my ID info. Today he was informed that it is illigal for a male and female to share a one bedroom here. Is this TRUE? I can't see this to be the truth! It's the dumbest thing I think I've ever heard. PLEASE HELP!
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Apr 2, 2010, 03:30 PM

I find no such law.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Apr 2, 2010, 05:50 PM

No, but it may be against zoning for 3 peoople to live in a one bedroom

And it could be against the apartment complex rules to make two bedrooms form a one bedroom ( change dining area)

And to be honest, his girlfriend is the manager, she does not have to rent to you if she does not want to, for no reason at all.
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Apr 3, 2010, 06:36 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by cowboy.cutie View Post
    Today he was informed that it is illigal for a male and female to share a one bedroom here. Is this TRUE? I can't see this to be the truth! Its the dumbest thing I think I've ever heard. PLEASE HELP!
    Hello cutie:

Nahhh. There ain't no law like that... However, if his girlfriend is the manager, she's probably saying something else - like DON'T YOU DARE MOVE INTO MY BOYFRIENDS HOUSE.

excon

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How many kids can share in a bedroom in Oregon [ 1 Answers ]

My roommates and I are looking for a new place to live. My roomies have three girls so they need a room, my roomies would have a room and I would have a room. This is what we can afford right now. Is this something that we will get in trouble for? Is there a law that says we can or can't do this?

Can children of opposite sex share a bedroom [ 2 Answers ]

Can children of the opposite sex share a bedroom?

Bedroom Share [ 1 Answers ]

What is the maximum age that different sex brothers & sisters are aloud to share the same bedroom?

Can oppsite sex kids share a bedroom? [ 12 Answers ]

I live in Oregon and I have 2 kids, one is 6 and is female the other is 12 and is a male. Both of the kids have autism and I just left my hisban not that long ago due to abuse. I am unable to work at this time due to the kids both being on ssi for their autism and the needs that the kids have but I...

Maximum Age Brother and sisters can share a bedroom [ 4 Answers ]

I have a 2 year old daughter and a son who is about to turn 7 and they are sharing a bedroom. What is the maximum age limit that they can share a room being different sexes?

View more questions Search