Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    proudammie Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 29, 2010, 02:11 PM
    Severe upper gastric pain under breast bone lasting 8-12 hrs about every other week.
    Gastric bypass & gall bladder removed 2004.
    Take Prevacid for reflux.
    Often get muscle spasms in stomach when I bend over.
    Terrible pain can start when lying down or just any time. Severe pain just under my breast bone, lasting for 8-12 hours, about every other week. Sometimes throw up (only mucous).
    Leaves me totally exhausted, sometimes for days.
    Endoscopy showed nothing. Gastro dr thinks ALS but doesn't seem to fit. Can anyone help me?
    Surferbumm ^_^ Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 29, 2010, 08:00 PM

These sound possibly like panic attacks ! Which can cause a feeling of lack of air way and shortness of breath.. however any form of chest pain should be treated seriously go see you G.P or doctor and talk to him
    proudammie Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 31, 2010, 11:45 AM

No shortness of breath & not chest pain. It is in the pouch area created by my gastric bypass and started (gradually) at that time.
    twinkiedooter Posts: 12,172, Reputation: 1054
    Uber Member

Apr 9, 2010, 07:54 PM

Anytime a person has a gastric bypass they will have digestive problems that will accelerate for years to come. You cannot undo this operation but will have to cope with the afteraffects. Watch your diet very carefully and keep a diary of what you eat on a daily basis until you figure out just what foods cause you problems. Also, try to avoid fatty foods or foods that have a high fat content such as microwave dinners packed full of fat. I had my gall bladder out and had to work up my fat tolerance over a 6 month period. Apparently your body has been altered and you need to closely monitor what goes into your diet.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Spastic upper gastric pain [ 2 Answers ]

I am have pain usually at night after I lay down to go to bed. This pain comes & goes & starts in the center of my stomach, (almost right under the breast) then radiates both left & right. It last for at least 5 minutes and no more than 10 minutes, but is so severe that I can barely get my...

4yr. Old boy has severe pain on upper right side of body and vomiting [ 2 Answers ]

My 4 yr. old boy has had boils off and on for about 2 yrs. As well as bleferitis, exzema, and allergies to wheat, eggs, nuts, and possible outdoor allergies as well. The past 4 days he has about 4 boils on his head and more disturbing, he seems to hurt all over and cries out in pain if touched or...

Severe Upper Stomach Pains [ 3 Answers ]

Hey, when I woke up Wednesday morning I felt a sharp I guess irritation/pain like feeling in my upper stomach right below my breast bone. It was so bad I could barely get up. I thought it was hunger and I ate and drank something, but that didn't help. It lasted all day and it seems to be worse...

Severe pain in upper legs/hips! [ 1 Answers ]

For about 2 weeks now I have been having severe pain in my upper legs (where they connect to my hips I'm assuming). I feel the pain on the outsides of both of my legs. The pain is dull and achy when I'm awake and moving around but as soon as I fall asleep the pain becomes very intense. I'm only...

Severe pain in groin and upper thigh [ 2 Answers ]

I have had severe pain for over 3 weeks. It is located on the inside of my right leg. In the past 2 weeks, I have been having severe upper right leg. It hurts to work or do anything pertaining to work in the house. Could you please help me? >Moved from Forum Help<

View more questions Search