Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Erin15 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 27, 2010, 09:38 PM
    Lied about birthday to boyfriend
    So when I first met my fiancée he asked when my birthday was. I estimated about 8 months. No big deal. So 8 months came around and we had already been dating for that long and my b day never came up. He asks what date ny b day is on and I say the 20th which is true. So he thought my b day is march 20 instead of June 20. We've been together for 2 years and I don't know how to tell him it's not in march. I'm scared a family member might slip before I decide to tell him or not. What should I do? Tell him or just leave it alone?
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Mar 27, 2010, 09:41 PM

What? This is insane. Why didn't you tell him right away? You let it go for 2 years?

Do you two talk? Didn't he find it odd that no one else wished you a happy birthday on March 20? What about your birthday, doesn't anyone do anything special on that day? How have you kept this a secret?

Just tell him. Explain that you were too afraid to tell him the truth, for whatever reason.

This really is ridiculous.
    hheath541 Posts: 2,762, Reputation: 584
    Experts

Mar 27, 2010, 09:42 PM

You need to tell him. What if you end up married? What if he sees your license? What if he wants to plan a party for you? Or someone else plans a party? Are you just not going to invite him?

Just explain what happened. Tell him that since it only happens once a year, you just never remembered to correct him until it was too late, and by that point you were embarrassed and not sure how to do so.

If you can't talk about something as silly as this, how will you ever be able to talk about something important?
    kp2171 Posts: 5,318, Reputation: 1612
    Uber Member

Mar 27, 2010, 10:26 PM
    Uhm...

So...

You don't think that, as your husband, this isn't going to come up... I don't know... just about every flipping time a legal document comes about... or insurance forms... or a dozen other things that can come about just from being together?

You CANNOT hide this and have it sustained, just from the mental gymnastics of filling out files and forms.

Seriously.

So... best you can do is play the "look... this is really, really stupid, but remember when..." line and hope he sees this as a silly little quirk that you can both laugh at.

By the way... this kind of stuff... the it might upset him so I'm not going to correct it crap... just doesn't work in a marriage. Just saying.

Bite the bullet. If this is the worst you've done, hopefully he'll just be confused and not spend time wondering about what else you've been too scared to fess.

But don't think for one moment that you can go for long within a marriage and not know your partners correct birthdate.
    amicon Posts: 6,066, Reputation: 1911
    Uber Member

Mar 27, 2010, 11:05 PM

Just bite the bullet and t e l l him.
    talaniman Posts: 54,325, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Mar 28, 2010, 07:04 AM

Tell him ASAP! Tell us what the big deal of lying about your birthday is.

I just don't get why you would do something so silly in the first place.
    king702 Posts: 9, Reputation: 1

Mar 28, 2010, 07:29 AM

Is your relationship even serious? What else are you hiding from him? Please share... it helps... but please tell the man the truth

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I lied to my boyfriend, how do I tell him and not lose him [ 9 Answers ]

OK so when I met my current boyfriend we had great chemisty and set up a date until I asked his age.. 20 I'm sixteen and turned seventeen in a few months so I said I was seventeen... he canclled out date. I was heart broken, we met by accident about 4 months later and now we have been dating for...

I lied To My boyfriend abnout my age,after he knew I lied to him about something else [ 11 Answers ]

Hey,Okay I met my Boyfriend on a chat zone we met on a date and I fell in love with him,and now I think I love him,But my conscious is bothering me.I told him I was 17 and Im actually 16,He just turned 20,2 weeks ago and now he thinks Im 17,and I want to come clean.I lied to him before and I told...

My boyfriend lied [ 2 Answers ]

My boyfriend lied to me and I broke up with him what should I do? Should I go back out with him or what just help me

My boyfriend lied to me about cancer! [ 7 Answers ]

So my boyfriend and I have been dating for two years. Hes lied to me in the past about things we worked through. Every time he lied I would ask him if there was something else he needed to tell me. He would respond with a no. Last night I was hanging out with his sister. Were very close and...

My boyfriend lied for 2 years [ 6 Answers ]

I just found out that my boyfriend of 2 years has had a little side girl since the second month of him and I dating. When I found out I asked every question I could think of. When I got to the question of why he continued the relationship with the other girl, his answer was because she is a lot...

View more questions Search