Ask
    ladyteezz Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 24, 2010, 10:25 AM
    How far does the fbi search for fingerprints
    How far does the fbi search for fingerprints
    justcurious55 Posts: 4,360, Reputation: 790
    Ultra Member

Mar 24, 2010, 10:26 AM

What do you mean by how far? And what is the reason for asking?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Mar 24, 2010, 03:07 PM

The FBI ( and now in Homeland Security) have one of the worlds largest data base of fingerprints, of people who applied for jobs, for gun permits, for other background checks and for when they committed a crime

A fingerprint check merely confirms your identity and if you ever used any other names.

A criminal background check, based on the names and/or criminal ID numbers of the fingerprint check, is another issue, to find if there is a criminal record, this is a NCIC background check, for law enforcement it will show anytime you were arrested and what was the outcome
    twinkiedooter Posts: 12,172, Reputation: 1054
    Uber Member

Mar 25, 2010, 06:26 PM

If you've never been fingerprinted you have nothing to worry about. If you have been fingerprinted anytime for anything, then be worried.
    smoothy Posts: 25,490, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Apr 19, 2010, 09:56 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by twinkiedooter View Post
    If you've never been fingerprinted you have nothing to worry about. If you have been fingerprinted anytime for anything, then be worried.
    Only if you did something to be woried about. Now if you left all kind of prints in that bank vault at 3am a few years ago... :eek: and think you got away with it, then there's something to worry about.

There are times you do get fingerprinted and don't have to worry. Applying for certain jobs... applying to get a clearance... etc.

Now if you have been dragged to the police station and made to submit... thats a different thing.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Having fingerprints erased from FBI database [ 3 Answers ]

Hello, I have a question that I need answered. I have been applying at airlines to be a flight attendant. After 9-11 all airlines are required to complete FBI background checks. Well every time I interview at airlines I have to put on the application that I committed a crime because the...

Obtain Fingerprints [ 2 Answers ]

I was wondering if it is possible to obtain fingerprints of an envelope that is fairly old and weathered, and if th accused is not the last person to handle the envelope??

F.b.I. Fingerprints [ 1 Answers ]

Since I have a disability I would like to get fingerprinter by the F.B.I. but I was wondering if they do it for free since I disabled sincerely claire

10 questions about fingerprints [ 9 Answers ]

1.What is a fingerprint? 2. How do you fingerprint someone? 3. What are the different types of prints? 4. How do you classify a fingerprint? 5. If you don't want your finger prints on something what do you wear to cover them up? 6. How accurate are fingerprint test? 7. Have you ever made a...

Fingerprints [ 3 Answers ]

I work part time for a food service and from washing dishes to accidental burns, it's not too good for my hands. Out of my ten fingers I only have two fingerprints left. The rest are completely smooth but wrinkly. :-/ My question is, will they come back? I miss being able to effectively turn a...

View more questions Search