Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Beach9618 Posts: 9, Reputation: 1

Dec 1, 2006, 11:09 AM
    Paslode framing nailer 900420
    I have a Paslode 900420 framing nailer and wonder if anybody knows other brands of nails that will work with this gun. Paslode charges a lot more for their nail than Senco for instance. I'm looking for 3 1/4" nails
    Thanks,
    Jim
    skiberger Posts: 562, Reputation: 41

Dec 1, 2006, 07:58 PM
    Check on the boxes of other brands. They will tell if the nails are compatible. With framing nails it usually go by the degree angle of the clip and if the are full or clipped head nails.

In my Stanley brad nailer I use porter cable brand nails. In my Stanley finish nailer I use the Stanley nails, and in my Stanley framer I'll use generic brand or the Stanley brand.
    Beach9618 Posts: 9, Reputation: 1

Dec 1, 2006, 10:10 PM
    Appreciate the reply. I'll take a look next time I'm at the Depot.

Jim

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Basement framing question [ 3 Answers ]

I have a rough in for a basement bathroom and have a few questions... 1. If I am going to put a shower enclosure in, should I frame behind it or just have plastic moisture barrier against the concrete with the fiberglass enclosure over that?

Quick framing question [ 9 Answers ]

I am building a wall to replace the garage door in my basement. I will be using 2x6 lumber for the framing. What is the recommended spacing for the studs? The width is 8' with a 36" door in the center. After the width of the pre-hung door frame and the two studs beside it and the stud...

New framing on old wall [ 2 Answers ]

I am about to undertake some remodeling on my master bath and let me explain the setup first. From my master bad to the sink area of the bathroom there is a half wall with 2 supports because it is a load bearing wall. I want to tear this out and put a pocket door in and make the wall a full one. ...

Need advice on which Framing Nailer to buy [ 1 Answers ]

My father and immediate family are buidling several houses in years to come, their just completing one now. He has asked me about framing nailers since he's still doing it the old fashion way and well - this is not so easy for a fella with a few miles on them ;) Can anyone give me some models or...

Pneumatic framing nailer issues. [ 2 Answers ]

No longer able to fire nails and wondered if plunger/striker is sticking because I failed to add oil in-line with the air supply? Used to be that when the magazine was empty the nailer would leave a huge dent in the wood where the nail should have gone. Unit is firing but no evidence the...

View more questions Search