Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jlm334 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 22, 2010, 09:53 PM
    My dad hates me for driving on the lawn
    My dad is WORK a holic and alcoholic... I drove on our back lawn the other day to try to get my dog to come back, because he always comes to the car... I haven't spoken to my dad in 4 days... I wrote him an apology note last night and today hired a landscaping company to fix the tire marks because the ground was so soggy. $450.
    Still haven't spoken with him, don't think he likes me too much, he is never around, and chooses other options for his free time... Let me try to make a long story short- I tried to OD on some perscription pills 2 yrs ago, and that's the first time I have ever gotten flowers from him.
    I wish I had a dad. Not a work-a holic - he has a plane and owns 3 houses...
    I barely see him.
    I feel like I am not good enough.
    Kitkat22 Posts: 6,302, Reputation: 1191
    Uber Member

Mar 22, 2010, 10:07 PM
    Don't ever say you aren't good enough. You sound like a responsible young man. Nothing you did caused your dad to be this way he has another love.. Alcohol.. It has clouded his vision and his thinking. Alcoholics only care for one thing... the booze. I would bet if he started AA and let himself dry out he would see you for the good guy you are'

I also believe he loves you but his drinking over rides everything. Have you talked to him abou getting help? Come back and talk to us okay!:)
    bidingmytime Posts: 92, Reputation: 13

Mar 22, 2010, 10:42 PM

Because you mentioned your dad giving you flowers, I'm guessing that you are a girl.

The best thing to do is look at the reality of the situation and try to do the best you can to deal with it.

First off, you have to count your blessing. You have work-a-holic dad. That's good because he makes money, you don't have to worry about him financially.

A work-a holic dad is better than:
    No dad
    A dad that left you before you ever got to know him
    A broke dad that's also an alcoholic
    An abusive dad
    A crazy dad that is asking you for money all the time (some people have to deal with those)

The second thing you have to do is understand is that sometimes a bad relationship with your dad can give a girl a low self esteem. You have to realize that. Then you have to remind yourself, no matter how your dad treats you, you are good enough. He may be able to make a lot of money, but he is lacking in other areas. And one of those areas is knowing how to treat his daughter. That's his problem and it's not because you aren't good enough. As a matter of fact, no matter what you do or are, he probably would treat you the same way.

Sometimes you just have to accept the situation for what it is. I have problems with my dad just like that. And it effected myself perception too. But the first step to dealing with a situation that has hurt you mentally, is to see the situation for what it is.

I hope this has been a somewhat helpful and maybe changed your prospective a little.
    Kitkat22 Posts: 6,302, Reputation: 1191
    Uber Member

Mar 22, 2010, 11:16 PM

Keep in touch and stop feeling like your Dad hates you. He just needs help. Blessings

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

My dad hates me [ 24 Answers ]

My dad only pretends 2 like me he never talks to me and says I was an accident. I'm falling behind on homework because I find talking to him is 2 hard so I can never ask 4 help. He never agrees with anything I say and everything I do is stupid. He grounds me 4 not giving him the remote so he can...

My dad hates my guy friend [ 3 Answers ]

Is there anything I can do for my dad to show him my guy friend is a good guy? I've tried everything!! And he wants to beat him up STILL he hates him.

My girfriend's dad hates my guts [ 10 Answers ]

So let me lay it down. I'm a 6'5" kid with a brite purple mohoawk. i'm very independent and "free spirited". i don't do drugs or drink, in fact i'm a pretty good kid. in fact, if it wasn't for my mohawk, people wouldn't notice me. i'm a boy scout, have been for many years, on my way to eagle. i...

Dad hates daughters husband [ 3 Answers ]

My daughter (28) and her dad (60)have always had a somewhat explosive relationship. I (56) have always said it is because they are so much alike... can be very loving and very hard headed. My daughter married a man who my husband truly seemed to like and the extended family all seem to fit......

3 yr. Old daughter hates Dad [ 6 Answers ]

My wife and I have been married for 3yrs. We have 4 children (3 from her previous marriage and one together). The youngest (my daughter) is 3. My wife and I have had a pretty tumultuous relationship... up and down. I was very strict and not very loving toward my daughter since we had her. And...

View more questions Search