Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mayf5 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 21, 2010, 09:05 PM
    Accounting questions and answers
    I bought a timeshare five years ago for $17,000. I sold it last year for $8,000. May I write the loss of $9,000 off my taxes entirely or do I have to take the loss in increments?
    ROLCAM Posts: 1,420, Reputation: 23
    Ultra Member

Mar 27, 2010, 05:00 AM

Timeshares are usually bought for
    Holidays.
    This sounds like a personal expense for private purposes.
    On this assumption the loss cannot be written off your taxes at all.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Accounting questions and answers free [ 28 Answers ]

I purchased a chair from a vendor for $2,500 in September 2009 and sold the chair to MEDIC for $3,500 in September 2009 In January 2010 MEDIC returned the chair. MEDIC did not want a refund only another brand of chair. I returned that chair to my vendor and got a full refund of $2,500. I...

Free answers to accounting questions [ 5 Answers ]

Need help with journal entries June 1: Cara made an investment in Byte of Accounting, Inc. by purchasing 2,580 shares of its common stock paying $42,900 in cash and by contributing computer equipment with a fair market value of $57,720. The par value of the common stock was $21 per share. ...

Answers to all questions [ 1 Answers ]

P12-17 Translation, Journal Entries, Consolidated Comprehensive Income, and Stockholders’ Equity On January 1, 20X5, Taft Company acquired all of the outstanding stock of Vikix, Inc. a Norwegian company at a cost of $151,200. Vikix’s net assets on the date of acquisition were 700,000 kroner...

Questions with no answers [ 2 Answers ]

I am in my early 30's married with no children. I am over weight and have been approved for a lap band because of medical reasons. I am in my fourth month, of "training" for my surgery. The problem is I have questions that just feel stupid. I was wondering if there is any one out there that...

View more questions Search