Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Why Am I Here Posts: 40, Reputation: 2

Mar 21, 2010, 07:55 PM
    Asking for a job...
    I've been an intern for the same company for 4 summers and now I will be graduating in May. I've recently found out from one of my coworkers that this company, as many others, is on a hiring freeze and is still letting people go or putting them on a leave of absence without pay.

Now my dad tells me that I should still follow up with them as they have invested so much time in me that they should be more than happy to bring me on board so my question(s) is(are):

What would be the most appropriate way to approach them? Do I call or email? I know it would be inappropriate to just say "Hey, I'm graduating can I have my job offer now" so how can I say that in a professional manner. My boss is a pretty laid back guy but at the same time I want to remain very professional as this could be my career.
    darkdays Posts: 143, Reputation: 17

Mar 21, 2010, 09:27 PM

From the standpoint of experience from being a manager and business owner, I think the most professional way to approach asking for a job would be to do so in person. It shows much more credibility and initiative, and willing to go the extra extent.
    Why Am I Here Posts: 40, Reputation: 2

Mar 22, 2010, 06:32 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by darkdays View Post
    the most professional way to approach asking for a job would be to do so in person.
    My problem here would be that I only work there during the summer so right now as school is in session I'm not in the office. How would you suggest I go about asking in person if this is the case?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

What is the difference between job analysis, job description and job specification? [ 4 Answers ]

What is the difference between job description, job analysis and job specification?

10 diffrences in job descriptions job specifications and job evaluations [ 13 Answers ]

Find the points at least 10 of differences between job description,job specifications,job evaluation

Similarities between job analysis,job description and job specification? [ 2 Answers ]

Similarities between job analysis,job description and job specification?

Distinguish between job description,job specification and job rotation [ 1 Answers ]

Distinguish between job description,job specification and job rotation

View more questions Search