Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    sharon7281 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Nov 30, 2006, 07:21 PM
    Pay
    Can an employer change your wage every time he desides he wants to like take you off your pay and change it to piece work, and than change it to a forced sub contractor and say your making too much money so now you can no longer be a sub and put you back on hourly
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Nov 30, 2006, 08:08 PM
    Assuming you are in the US,

A employer can change their employees pay anytime they want unless there is a labor agreement ( union contract) or a employee contract.

They may decide not to use hourly or salary employees and go to contractors ( you are not forced, you can go somewhere else to work, you are only given the first option at being a contractor)

I wonder if you work for the company I work for, we have had our pay changed about 6 times in the past 4 years, from contractor to commission, to salary to salary plus commission to bonus system.

But yes, if you are not happy with it, you leave and go to work somewhere else, if they can't keep any workers, they end up finding a better pay method
    s_cianci Posts: 5,472, Reputation: 760
    Uber Member

Dec 2, 2006, 10:43 AM
    It doesn't sound legal or ethical to me. Contact the Labor Relations Board with the specifics.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Will I have to pay? [ 10 Answers ]

Background... I have lived in an upstairs apartment for about 6 months and the first day the down stairs neighbor told me that the guy who lived above him was noisey and 'slamed' around weights in his apartment and that he could hear it. Two days after I moved in (the day the movers came) the...

Should I pay off my home? [ 6 Answers ]

Hello, My name is Jose, I'm 29 years of age. I'm a father of three young children. 4 years ago I fell from a roof at my job, I'm now disabled for life :( .I plan to settle my State Compensation case in 1 month, I will be receiving a lump sum of $180,000.I currently owe $126,855 with 6.875%...

Do we have to pay taxes [ 1 Answers ]

My wife inherited 25 % of some property from her mother when she passed away in 1997, the property was sold last year her share was 29,000 dollars, do we have to pay capital gain taxes on the amount,thank you frank67

Do I need to pay NJ taxes? [ 1 Answers ]

I live and work in New Jersey. But my company is incorporated in Delaware and hence they withhold DE state tax and that is the only state tax withheld on my W2. I know I have to file DE non resident return but do I have to file a NJ return if there I have no NJ income? Please reply.

How to get debtor to pay up? [ 1 Answers ]

In August I sold a package of clothing (about 150 items) to a woman on eBay for $550.00. She paid for them using paypal, and paypal deposited the funds into my account. I delievered the packages to her the next day to save her the cost of shipping since we live in the same city. The transaction...

View more questions Search