Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    shell985 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 19, 2010, 05:05 PM
    How do I get my husband to quit harassing me?
    My husband calls me about 200 times a week and he threatens to take our 4 your old away from me. I moved away 3 yrs ago after he pulled a gun one night. He recently got a tresspassing warning on him and he even threatens my military career. I don't know what to do. I'm at my wits end.
    I wish Posts: 5,296, Reputation: 2030
    Family & People Expert

Mar 19, 2010, 05:07 PM

Get a divorce.

There's no reason for you to suffer this kind of abuse. There's no reason for you to live in such fear.

Did you ever call the police when he pulled out the gun?
    JoeCanada76 Posts: 6,669, Reputation: 1707
    Uber Member

Mar 19, 2010, 05:39 PM

Ever thought of changing your phone number and making it unlisted and maybe possibly relocating... Also anytime there is this type of harassment everything should be documented by you and reported to the police.
    artlady Posts: 4,208, Reputation: 1477
    Ultra Member

Mar 19, 2010, 06:25 PM

artlady agrees: She will get some action if she reports this to her C.M Meant to say commanding officer :)
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Mar 19, 2010, 08:06 PM

Have you filed for divorce,

Have you filed and gotten a custody agreement

Do you have a child support order he has to pay
    Devorameira Posts: 2,461, Reputation: 981
    Ultra Member

Mar 20, 2010, 02:53 PM

He really could be a dangerous man. You need to be concerned for you and your child's safey. You need to take his threats very seriously!

You have to report and document everything that goes on.

Defintiely talk to your commanding officier so they are aware of the problem. Doing so could prevent him from harming your military career.

File for divorce ASAP and get your child officially placed in your custody.

File a restraining order against him and then call the police and have him arrested every time he calls or comes near you.

Good luck!
    Gemini54 Posts: 2,871, Reputation: 1116
    Ultra Member

Mar 21, 2010, 12:05 AM
    This isn't harassment, it's stalking and it's threatening.

So start treating it seriously. Get a second phone and leave the one that he rings on voice mail. Keep the messages he laves. Let everyone know, including your employers, what he is doing so that they are in no doubt that he is stalkign and threatening you.

Go to the police and report what he's doing and take out a restraining order which means that he can't harass you or come near you.

Don't let him see your daughter without supervision.

Speak to a good lawyer - your husband sounds obsessive and potentially dangerous.
    KBC Posts: 2,550, Reputation: 487
    Ultra Member

Mar 21, 2010, 04:39 AM

All good suggestions from the other posters.

Look into this site, Setting Personal Boundaries - protecting self

IF you feel the need to talk to him,, make up your mind on how far you are willing to let things go, set a boundary, for your protection,and your daughters.

It seems he has visitation with her?If so,you are going to have to deal with him at one point or another.Having a line drawn in the sand will make a clear picture for him to see, not allowing him to cross that line without repercussions, that's up to you(and a protection order,harassment judgment,etc)

Read that site, see where it says when we set a boundary,we make a statement, but have NO EXPECTATIONS of the outcome.This isn't manipulation,it's a healthy way to express our bounds only.

I hope you write back about this, you have a few people here a little concerned and we would like to hear your success.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Harassing neighbors [ 1 Answers ]

My parents have been living in their neighborhood for 33 years. They have 9 grandchildren. We have constantly had to fuss and fight with our neighbor because her kids are harassing ours. We tried sitting down talking to the neighbor in a civilized manner, however; she is just like the kids. They...

Harassing Neighbor [ 8 Answers ]

I have a friend named Mae and Jasper who live in Capitol Heights, MD. They have a neighbor who lives next door to them who has been calling the police, ambulance, fire department or whoever on them for the past 18 months. They have been down to the courts but no one is helping them. The court...

Should I take emergency leave of absence and then quit or just quit immediately? [ 4 Answers ]

I have to leave job for which I did not have time to notify my employer 2 weeks before I quit. My planes changed so fast. I have to quit immediately, but I I still have my shift schedule for tomorrow. I work at Starbucks as barista. Should I make call and tell them that my car broke and cannot come...

View more questions Search