Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Larken85 Posts: 696, Reputation: 146

Mar 19, 2010, 12:29 AM
    Depression and money
    I can't seem to get out of this rut. I know the steps I need to take to make it better but I am kind of stuck in an unmotivated state that I can't get out of. I am going to go to college and learn a trade because without overtime I don't even make enough money to survive alone let alone help support a family of 4 but I just can't get over feeling sorry for myself and just do it.
    Its all about money. And I know that money can't buy happiness and all that jazz but money can sure as heck make you misserable if you don't have enough. Espeically when the only thing you want out of life is a family and you always feel like you're letting them down even though they are being very supportive of it.
    Do I need to give myself some time? Comfort? What can I do to get out of this rut so I can move on with my life?
    kp2171 Posts: 5,318, Reputation: 1612
    Uber Member

Mar 19, 2010, 12:31 AM
    What interests you? Any field? Trade?

Mar 19, 2010, 12:33 AM

Money is what interests me. Though I do like phychology, and working with my hands. I suppose I don't want to do something I hate like welding or somet
    Hing like that.
    kp2171 Posts: 5,318, Reputation: 1612
    Uber Member

Mar 19, 2010, 12:37 AM
    Ballpark minimum salary?

Any interest in healthcare?

Mar 19, 2010, 12:54 AM

I work security in a hospital, I don't want to deal with the people I see there. It is the location there that turns me off to it, we are in an inner city area and due to that we see a lot of shootings and druggies. On top of fake cases where people are just trying to score pain medication. There are race isues here too which I hate having but faced with the every day differences I can not deny the issues on the surface. All I do in this good for nothing job is survive it and work as much as possible. It is not something I really love doing though I just got my supervisor position back and although it pays only 50 cents more I do love being supervisor. That is really the path I am detined to take I think, supervision is my thing.
    I guess I would like to make at least between $35,000 and $50,000 a year. I'd be happy with anything in that range really. Hard to come by though. But 18 grand a year is not cutting it with the bills we have to pay. And that is all I pay by the way, bills. She pays the rent, and for her own storage unit. I pay for the rest of the bills including her car payment and insurance which in itself is $400. Then there is the phone which runs about $200/m and Cable and internet which is $75/m and electric which is about $100/m. Thankfully we don't pay heat, garbage, or sewer though. My storage until costs $55/m. Added together that is about 830/m not to mention food gas for the cars and any other expenses. Her rent payment is about 700/m and her strage is 55 so we are pretty close in what we pay for. Do I make that much per month, yes, do I spend more than that a month, yes. I am fighting a losing battle and I cannot make my ends meet and have any sort of a comfortable life at that... I just don't know what to do. And there is so so much more going on that is just depressing the heck out of me I don't even know where to begin. And how can I advise people on how to live or what to do with their lives if I cannot even make sense of my own life? I'm just really lost right now and all I want is for all of the complications to go away.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Who sings the song that goes like this."money money money, money?" [ 5 Answers ]

Do you know the artists name?

Who sings the song that goes, Money, money, money, money? [ 12 Answers ]

Who sings the song that goes something like this... Money, Money,Money, Money?

Depression,depression, depression on ex girlfriend. [ 8 Answers ]

After we broke up, I really wanted to forget her and such. More I tried, the more I step a few steps back. Now reminiscing I seriously feel she had cheated on me... and that might be the reason we broke up. It's been like half a year since we broke up but I still can't forget her. One of the reason...

Physical Depression more than Emotional Depression [ 3 Answers ]

I have a hard time getting up in the morning, I feel like I have no energy. I'm not just tired but drained of anything to make me get up. I also have been having a hard time remembering things, dizzy spells, nausea and weakness when lifting things. I do have some emotional depression but not as...

View more questions Search