Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Adrian_roig Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 18, 2010, 10:39 AM
    What forms do you need to add someone to a deed
    What forms do you need to add someone to a deed. So if my mom wants to add my to her paid off house, what forms do I need to do this, I live in las vegas but the house are in Florida, is their a standerd form, please help!!
    smoothy Posts: 25,490, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Mar 18, 2010, 10:44 AM

Stupid... stupid... stupid thing to do for a number of reasons.

Have her will it to you and you assume it at HER cost basis... which is what SHE paid for it. Put your name on it now and your cost basis is what its worth right now... and then there are plenty of other reasons its better to inherit the house. Not to mention the tax end of it.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How to add name to deed? [ 1 Answers ]

We are trying to find out the formula to figure out what it will cost us to add my name to the deed of our condo?

Add spouse to deed with quitclaim deed [ 3 Answers ]

My wife and I bought a lot from my parents but my dad died prior to transferring our names to the deed. This was subsequently placed on the back burner and overlooked for a couple of years until I noticed that the tax bills had my parents name on it. I contacted my mother and she signed a...

What forms do I add when mailing my taxes [ 2 Answers ]

I am mailing in my taxes for 2006 (State and federal) and I am itemizing. I used turbo tax, but when I printed the forms, they are all mixed up. What forms do I send with which? Do I send a copy of my state with my Federal and vice versa?

How to add someone to your deed [ 0 Answers ]

Thank you L. for sharing this: To add a person to a deed you must prepare a new deed with all current owners listed as the seller, and all current owners plus the new person listed as the buyer. Then you must insert the legal description of the property. All current owners must sign the deed...

View more questions Search