Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    arcura Posts: 3,773, Reputation: 191
    Ultra Member

Mar 17, 2010, 09:41 PM
    Have your heard that soon there will be 400,000 more Catholics?
    Yes, that is true.
    The Canadian Anglicans have petitioned Rome to be in full communion with the Roman Catholic Church and accept the Pope as leader.
    They are now in the transition stage wanting to keep some of their traditional liturgy along with the Roman liturgy.
    :confused:Has any other large group decided to Join with any of the other denominations?:confused:
    :)Peace and kindness,:)
    Fred
    JoeCanada76 Posts: 6,669, Reputation: 1707
    Uber Member

Mar 17, 2010, 10:06 PM

To say Anglicans are becoming Catholic is a load of well, doo doo. I know I have been involved in both denominations. Been involved in the Anglican church and you know what there will be agreements between the too but that does not mean that the pope will be excepted as the leader because the only leader of any church of Jesus Christ, IS JESUS CHRIST, Not another man like the pope. Both Anglicans and Catholics have similar practices and liturgy and are closely related to each other, but there are still and will be some differences.

Your always preaching and trying to write and brag and pump up the Catholic church as you think it is the best option but, it does not really matter in the scheme of things.

What does matter is that we come together in the belief of Jesus and to celebrate his life together, no matter our differences or whose in so called power.. etc... starting to really get tired of this Mr. Fred.. No offense.
    Ultra Member

Mar 17, 2010, 10:21 PM

Jesushelper76
    Sorry about that, but that IS the news and it is as I said.
    They ARE accepting the Pope as their leader. Period..
    They are the ones who petitioned Rome to become fully in communion with Rome.
    Peace and kindness,
    Fred
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Mar 17, 2010, 10:30 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by arcura View Post
    Yes, that is true.
    The Canadian Anglicans have petitioned Rome to be in full communion with the Roman Catholic Church and accept the Pope as leader.
    They are now in the transition stage wanting to keep some of their traditional liturgy along with the Roman liturgy.
    :confused:Has any other large group decided to Join with any of the other denominations?:confused:
    Fred
    Of what significance and importance is that, arcura?

Thanks!
    kp2171 Posts: 5,318, Reputation: 1612
    Uber Member

Mar 17, 2010, 10:39 PM
    Fred
    Ask those of the supposed 0.59% (approx 400K members) decline in catholic membership between 2008-9?

Sorry... couldn't resist

National Council of Churches USA

Don't know their methods or reliability.
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Mar 17, 2010, 10:50 PM

I read that it's by invitation from the pope. The bones of contention in the Anglican Church that will probably drive conservatives into the RCC are the preferences of many Anglican centrists and liberals for ordination of women and acceptance of gays.
    Ultra Member

Mar 17, 2010, 11:17 PM

Clough,
    You asked what of significance is that??
    If you can't even guess at that then anything I say will be useless.
    LOL
    Peace and kindness,
    Fred
    classyT Posts: 1,562, Reputation: 214
    Ultra Member

Mar 18, 2010, 05:27 AM

I personally believe the Lord Jesus isn't interested in who is CATHOLIC. From what I have read he is only interested in people following HIM. He never once said... follow me and I will make you a catholic.. What he said was follow me and I will make you a fisher of men. See the difference?

We need to one by one... lead people to JESUS... not the POPE or the Catholic church. (That is my two cents. I imagine Catholics think it is worth less than that... oh well.)
    ebaines Posts: 12,131, Reputation: 1307
    Expert

Mar 18, 2010, 11:45 AM
    Jesushelper76
    Sorry about that, but that IS the news and it is as I said.
    They ARE accepting the Pope as their leader. Period..
    They are the ones who petitioned Rome to become fully in communion with Rome.
    Peace and kindness,
    Fred
    Arcura - could you please cite a reference source for the 400,000 number? Being an Espicopalean myself I am well aware of the conflicts within our church here in the US, and that some individuals may consider becoming members of the RCC. But actually most of the disaffected members are considering splitting from the Episcopal Church of America and either starting their own Anglican church or trying to move under the pervue of non-US Bishops who have the same conservative bent as they. I know that the RCC has "invited" these disaffected members to consider converting to Roman Catholicism, but I am not aware that people have, at least not in the numbers you suggest. So - references please. Thanks.
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Mar 18, 2010, 12:04 PM

ebaines: Here's a reference from CNN. "Invited" is the important word.

Vatican welcomes Anglicans into Catholic Church - CNN.com
    Expert

Mar 18, 2010, 12:10 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Wondergirl View Post
    ebaines: Here's a reference from CNN. "Invited" is the important word.

Vatican welcomes Anglicans into Catholic Church - CNN.com
    Thank you for this. Quoting from the article:

Levada said "hundreds" of Anglicans around the world have expressed their desire to join the Catholic Church. Among them are 50 Anglican bishops, said Archbishop Joseph Augustine Di Noia of the Congregation for Divine Worship.

"Hundreds" is a far cry from 400,000.
    Ultra Member

Mar 18, 2010, 02:13 PM

ebaines,
    Glad to oblige...
    Canadian Anglicans Ask for Full Communion Through Catholic Ordinariate - Catholic Online
    Expert

Mar 19, 2010, 05:55 AM

Thanks arcura. The article is a little misleading - it's not that 400,000 people are accepting the Vatican's invitation, at least not yet. The Anglican Catholic Church of Canada - which is the organization that is in the process - currently has about 40 parishes. I don't know how many members that is - perhaps 10,000 (a SWAG on my part)? It is affiliated with the Traditional Anglican Communion (TAC), which has about 400,000 members world-wide. We'll have to see whether other parts of the TAC take the Vatican up on its invitation. My guess is that only those parts of the TAC located in the US or Canada are likely to make the change in the near future, as this is where the big controversies are. We'll see!
    Ultra Member

Mar 19, 2010, 09:59 PM

ebaines,
    And that I and others can wait and see what traspinspires as you said.
    Fred
    darkdays Posts: 143, Reputation: 17

Mar 19, 2010, 10:03 PM
    Clough,
    You asked what of significance is that?????
    If you can't even guess at that then anything I say will be useless.
    LOL
    Peace and kindness,
    Fred
    I can't guess either, but I would be interested in knowing what the signifigance is as well.
    Ultra Member

Mar 19, 2010, 10:55 PM

darkdays,
    Obviously the increase of 400,000 more members to any denomination is significant.
    darkdays Posts: 143, Reputation: 17

Mar 19, 2010, 10:59 PM
    darkdays,
    Obviously the increase of 400,000 more members to any denomination is significant.
    I agree, but what implications or impact do you think it signifys?
    Ultra Member

Mar 20, 2010, 07:24 PM

darkdays,
    That there are some who want to make a change for what they believe to be the better.
    Peace and kindness,
    Fred
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Mar 20, 2010, 08:18 PM
    Is belonging to the Roman Catholic Church the only way that a person might arrive at salvation, arcura?

Thanks!
    Ultra Member

Mar 20, 2010, 08:34 PM

Clough,
    No, I and my Church believes that there are many in different denominations who will be in heaven.
    In fact at every service we pray for all who are in friendship with Jesus.
    Does your church pray similarly?
    Peace and kindness,
    Fred

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Assets 23,000, liability 11,000, retained earn-4,500, what is capital stock [ 6 Answers ]

In the expanded accounting equation, if assets aqre 23,000, liabailities 11,000, retained earnings are 4,500, how much is capital stock, and how do you compute the answer?

On July 1, 2010, Brower Industries Inc. Issued $32,000,000 of 10-year, 12% bonds at a [ 1 Answers ]

On July 1, 2010, Brower Industries Inc. Issued $32,000,000 of 10-year, 12% bonds at an effective interest rate of 13%, receiving cash of $30,237, 139. Interest on the bonds is payable semiannually on December 31 and June 30. The fiscal year of the company is the calendar year. Instructions: ...

Catholics [ 4 Answers ]

Do catholic beliefs differ from one another ?

View more questions Search