Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Jdrost2 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 15, 2010, 03:57 PM
    Mtd troubleshooting
    I have an MTD series 600 tractor with a 46" cutting deck. I just purchased a snow thrower, part nr 190-032 for the tractor. I ran into trouble with step one which is a detrerminate of Electric PTO vs Manual PTO. I have a manual PTO and the step one procedure is to locate the PTO Cable. It describes the lever as being on the right side and is engaged with the right hand by moving the lever forward. I have the lever on the left side and is moved forward with the left hand and does not move a cable, but rather turns a lever which engages the Deck belt. Whats wrong with this picture? do i need to find another "conversion item"? If so, what is it? - John
    crigby Posts: 4,343, Reputation: 107
    Outdoor Power Equipment Expert

Mar 17, 2010, 01:08 PM

Hi,
    There eight manuals available for that snowthrower:
    PDF Manual Web Archive
    And put the numbers you gave in the top line and use a 1 for the serial number
    Peace,
    Clarke

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How do I troubleshooting my MTD lawn tractor? [ 6 Answers ]

Hi There, I have one MTD lawn tractor for many years. It is a MTD 14.5/42” 7 speed model. It stopped working during cutting the grass recently, and then I could not start this tractor any more. After then, I had replaced the new battery, new air filter, and the new spark plug. I had changed...

Receptacle troubleshooting [ 7 Answers ]

The last receptacle on the circuit has no power going to it. It is located outside, but is not a gfci. Thank you.

Luxaire troubleshooting [ 3 Answers ]

Are luxaire furnice fires up than the gas shuts off and blows cold air,turnit off and on the switch on it might work right sometimes. Ireplaaced the ignighter aand it did not make any diff.

Troubleshooting. [ 2 Answers ]

I'm trying to trouble shoot an older computer I inherited. I am completely new to PCs. At any rate it has two problems that are possibly relateed. 1. The image the monitor (I have tried 2 different working monitors) has a bunch of red (sometimes grey) vertical lines across the screen which...

Second HD troubleshooting [ 1 Answers ]

Ok, here's the skinny... Intstalled my girlfriend's HD (Maxtor DiamondMax Plus 9 80GB ATA/133 HDD) onto my computer as a 2nd HD(slave). All jumpers are set correctly, all cables are correct (not the 1st time I've done this). Everything works fine, it's detected and I do have access to it. ...

View more questions Search