Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    snickers64 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 12, 2010, 07:08 PM
    Not sure if she likes me.. help
    I met a girl last January. I met her through a friend I know. I started talking to her and she acted really nice to me and seemed really interested in what I had to say. Long story short- we had been only talking for about 2 weeks before one night we started kissing on the couch. Actually things moved really fast, perhaps too fast. We kind of fooled around (keep in mind I've only known her for a few weeks now). Also its important to note that she recently got over a break up last September. I really don't want to be a rebound but it seems that's the case here. Eventually I found out that she doesn't think that she likes me based on what she told me. She's not sure what she really wants (this was about a month ago). But here recently I've been seeing some signs that she might actually like me. Because she stills sends me texts about my day and what not. Over this past week we've been seeing each other a lot. I've been over to her house and we just talk. Last night she even invited me to see a movie and she ends up laying her head on my shoulder and holding my arm (strong signal, no?) as well as hold hands. So pretty much this week whenever I hang out with her (one on one) we end up holding each other and laying next to one another. To me this says she's interested, but that contradicts what she told me a month ago. Has she just changed her mind or what? Please. Give me some answers. Thank you
    CarrotTalker Posts: 392, Reputation: 189

Mar 12, 2010, 07:30 PM

For the last kiss, who initiated it?

You could try kissing her and see how she responds.
    coruzzi2 Posts: 86, Reputation: 7

Mar 12, 2010, 07:38 PM

You guys don't go further? That was Just that once?

If so, yes it does sound like she's interested.

If not, then she just wants a friends with benefits situation.
    kp2171 Posts: 5,318, Reputation: 1612
    Uber Member

Mar 12, 2010, 11:45 PM
    She might just like the attention.

Don't know.

When a person says "im not into you" and then acts the way she's been acting... seems to me that its either a head game (into you but pushing your buttons, hard to get stuff) or into your attention (basically your being her girlfriend) but not you...

People can change their mind. Lord knows I have before... a first impression might not always be the lasting one...

Then again, I've just always been most attracted to women who were pretty damn up front about what they liked and needed and demanded. The sexiest thing in the world is confidence... just my opinion.

So... maybe things went a little farther than she wants to go and she recoiled. I can't fault her... there isn't any law that says once you are past point A, you are obligated to give that territory up on demand... maybe the "im not so into you" talk was her justifying taking a step back...

And maybe I don't know a damn thing. But neither do you.

Only she knows what her motives are.

Id probably stop being her girlfriend... id probably see how much she's willing to chase me. Id probably be up front and be direct about my questions as I just don't have patience anymore for pretense.

Id probably not be so pi$$y if I had that thai I've been craving and a couple of cold newcastle's right about now.
    amicon Posts: 6,066, Reputation: 1911
    Uber Member

Mar 13, 2010, 12:22 AM

Instead of trying to secondguess her,why not just ask her?
    talaniman Posts: 54,325, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Mar 13, 2010, 09:23 AM

Your allowing yourself to be drawn into something with a stranger, and the physical attraction has you overwhelmed, and over ruling the mental.

Slow yourself down, and think, and not get carried away by your own feelings, which are warning you to slow down, and pay attention better.
    jaime90 Posts: 1,157, Reputation: 163
    Ultra Member

Mar 13, 2010, 10:12 AM

Your fears are very valid. I don't see this relationship going anywhere. You probably are the rebound, yes. You guys moved way too fast, within a few weeks, all the important parts of a relationship (communication, respect, getting to know one another, etc.) was thrown away for the sake of fooling around physically. On top of that, she can't even come out and say straight up that she likes you.
    If you want to know if she likes you, ASK HER. But then again, you guys skipped the critical "learning how to communicate step."

I suggest leaving this dramatic mess, it's a disaster waiting to happen.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

He acts like he likes me, but likes another girl too [ 12 Answers ]

Ok so there's this guy who I really like, and he works at the stable where I ride my horse. He talks to me on Facebook and used to say I'm hot, and call me babes. He even asked me to come to his football game once at my school. When we see each other in person though, he stares at the ground. He...

I still like him, but he likes someone else [ 3 Answers ]

me and my x-boyfriend brok up about a week after we kissed. The sad part was is that he broke up with me over text!! (he had also asked me out over text). He said that I was the kind of girl he liked to flurt with, but didn't really want to go out with! Except for the fact that we were going out...

He likes me - he likes me not [ 2 Answers ]

There is a guy who comes through my work almost everyday. I'm a manager at a convenience store for about a year. For quite sometime now, months. When he.comes in now we share this "look". It doesn't matter who else is around. Its so intense. We are still staring even as he leaves the parking lot....

View more questions Search