Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    parone Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 29, 2006, 10:11 AM
    Installing pop up drain in new vessel sink
    I am refurbishing my bathroom and installing a vessel sink.
    It came with the drain, a pop up drain, but it did not come with the instructions for installing this drain.
    It appears simple enough, but I do not want to install it incorrectly and experience any leaking around the vainity top I made to accommodate the sink.

Any one with recent knowledge of the proper way to install the drain or websites which might assist me
    massplumber2008 Posts: 12,832, Reputation: 1212
    Senior Plumbing Expert

Mar 28, 2012, 01:20 PM
    HI Parone

I would need to know the exact parts included with your drain assembly. Let us know more and we'll see what we can do, OK?

Mark
    Milo Dolezal Posts: 7,192, Reputation: 523
    Plumbing Expert

Mar 28, 2012, 04:53 PM
    Most of the sinks have no pop-ups. First make sure they gave you correct drain. Back to you. Milo
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Mar 28, 2012, 05:06 PM
    Ain't it just so much fun to answer 6 year old questions? It's a good thing we don't let too many slip past us or we'd be snowed under. Cheers, Tom
    Attached Images

massplumber2008 Posts: 12,832, Reputation: 1212
    Senior Plumbing Expert

Mar 28, 2012, 06:39 PM
    A pop up drain in this case looks like this... see image below... also called a mushroom pop up drain.

Tom posted a picture of a grid style and a flip top type vessel sink drain.
    Attached Images

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

New Vessel Sink without overflow drains slow [ 59 Answers ]

I installed a new vessel sink without an overfolw and it drains very slow. When I loosen a connection and let some air in it drains fine, just like it did with the original undercounter sink. So I assume I need to do something to compensate for the lack of an overflow. Any suggestions? Thanks.

Hooking up a vessel sink [ 1 Answers ]

I'm installing a vessel sink atop an adapted wooden vanity (which started life as a night-table). We're raising the vessel up about four inches by constructing a box for it on top of the surface of the vanity. My question is, can someone show me a diagram of the proper way to extend the drain...

Extending utility sink drain for bar sink [ 2 Answers ]

I have a utility sink in my walk-out basement - that sink's 1.5 inch drain connection is approx. 18" above the floor, into a two inch horizontal run. This 2 inch horizontal PVC runs about 3 feet, then connects to a main 3" DWV. I would like to add a bar sink, set into a standard height (36")...

Kitchen Sink/Laundry Sink Drain Vent Non-exist [ 3 Answers ]

The set-up from kitchen sink leading down to drain to basement: 1. Kitchen sink - (R side) - connected to a P drain I think you call it -PVC-, connected to a "metal" T, which has a Studer vent gizmo attached to the top of it, then draining into a metal pipe straight down to the drain in the...

View more questions Search