Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    detch57 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 7, 2010, 07:39 AM
    No hot water in one of showers, hot water in sink but not the tub and shower.
    We just purchased a condo with no hot water in on of showers, hot water in sink but not the tub and shower. It is a Moen single handle the controls the tub abd shower, you pull up the stopper on the tub facet and the water comes out the shower. It seems that the handle should turn 270 deg like the other shower but it just goes 45 deg one way - cold water- then if you turn it back it the other way it goes past the off position another 45 deg and it is still cold. Any help is appreciated
    truck 41 Posts: 221, Reputation: 21

Mar 7, 2010, 08:13 AM

That's a common problem with moen single handle valves, you need to turn the main water supply off to house then take handle off valve and valve sleeve, you'll see a lock pin at the end of the stem, take that out and pull stem out. Clean stem and lube it with plumbers stem lube, reinstall stem and put lock pin back on, the chrome sleeve then the handle, turn the water back on and check the valve. If you can't pull stem out of valve you will have to buy a stem puller for moen valve at home depot or at your hardware store. Good luck---zeke---

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

No hot water in shower but plenty of hot water at sink! [ 14 Answers ]

undefinedundefined Two days ago, both of the showers in my home stop having hot water. I have very hot water in the sinks in the bathrooms. The shower doesn't get but lukewarm. One showe in the spin dial to adjust the temp and turn on the shower. The other is a spin dial for temp and has a facet...

No hot water on the shower but hot water on the tub & sink [ 39 Answers ]

Hi, I work at a hotel that has a 105 rooms in total. For the past several weeks, we've been having some hot water issue. Randomly, the rooms are not getting hot water on the shower however there is hot water on the sink & the tub. Our maintenance worked on the problem for several weeks but...

No Hot Water to shower head, but Hot water to the Tub? [ 2 Answers ]

My husband and I just purchased a new house. We have found that the shower pressure in the bathroom is wonderful however once you have set the right temp from the tub spout and switch over to the shower no hot water makes it to the shower head. We can only turn off the cold water completely in...

Loss of hot water in shower when hot water is used by sink [ 2 Answers ]

We are in the process of remodeling our basement bathroom/shower. We have the whole thing gutted and can see where the cold water pipes come into our house. We want to fix the problem we have of when taking a shower, no one can use any hot water because the shower momentarily gets cold. Once the...

View more questions Search