Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mughunter2009 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 6, 2010, 12:08 PM
    Lawn Tractor stalls after 5 minutes
    L also have a Craftsman lawn tractor (917.274400). It starts, runs for about 5 minutes and then stalls. I let it cool off for about 5-6 minutes. It starts and runs for about one minute. I changed the gasoline, the oil and the fuel filter with the same results. What next?
    DG Posts: 1,375, Reputation: 109
    Ultra Member

Mar 6, 2010, 12:38 PM
    The next time it dies check and see if you have soark at the spark plug.
    If no spark, try new plug first .if this does't work possilbe amuture / coil
    Luck
    jsfocke Posts: 310, Reputation: 37

Mar 6, 2010, 08:18 PM

Make sure the vent hole in the gas cap is clear. If it's clogged it will have these symptoms.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

When cold my car starts but stalls after a few minutes [ 3 Answers ]

When cold overnight my 92 Merc. 300SL starts but after driving for a few minutes it stalls. It then will restart and run fine for the rest of the day. I have had new fuel pumps installed, a recent tune up and many parts replaced e.g. Overload sensor, wiring harness, etc. Any suggestions? Thanks......

Honda Lawnmower, starts but stalls after 2 minutes [ 1 Answers ]

I have a Honda Lawnmower HRR2164TDA 3 months old. It starts but stalls after 2 minutes. Runs strong at first then feels/sounds like it is starving for gasoline. Any suggestions on how to approach??

Lawn tractor stalls when blade is engaged [ 1 Answers ]

I have a Yard Machine lawn tractor. The engine stalls when I lower the blade to mow. Can you help me to figure out why?

93 suburban stalls after 10-15 minutes idling. [ 5 Answers ]

93 suburban stalls after idling for 10 or 15 minutes. It acts just like the fuel pump stops, but I have fuel at the throttle body and the fuel pump runs and cycles like it is supposed to. I replaced the fuel pump and the fuel pump relay just in case, but the intermittent problem of it just...

WeedEater Rider stalls after 3-4 minutes [ 1 Answers ]

I have a weedeater rider with a tech engine. I spent $165.00 to get it tuned up back in May 2006. I used it about 15 times this year. Roughly 40 hours on it. The reason why I spent $165 to get it fixed was it kept on stalling after I ran it for 3 to 4 minutes. Well it's happening again. The...

View more questions Search