Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    dzman13 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 5, 2010, 04:41 AM
    I replaced pull switch lights with recess but the wall switch won't turn off the light
    I added lights and outlets to my basement and all of the outlets work fine. Before I started the switch on the wall controlled one light and all of the others had pull strings. I've tried everything but the switch will not turn off the remaining three lights. What did I do wrong... how do I fix it? Help!
    smoothy Posts: 25,490, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Mar 5, 2010, 06:01 AM

Did the wall switch control the others before?

It sound like it didn't and they are wired on their own circuits. YOU need to clarify a bit more.
    mrfrosty Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Mar 10, 2012, 10:08 AM
    You did not connect the proper switch wire

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Separate Fan light switch, fan switch and switch for can lights to one location [ 2 Answers ]

I have A circuit that has 6 can lights and a fan light. The power is at the switch box I need to know how to wire the separate switches for the cans,and the light on the fan, and fan (That would be in a three gang switch box.) to one location.

I have a single wire pull chain switch that needs to be replaced [ 0 Answers ]

My current ceiling fan pull chain is a single wire. The only replacement I can find is a 2 wire pull chain switch. Where do I get a single wire switch or how do I wire the 2 wire switch.

Replaced Pull Chain Switch - Fan does not stop [ 1 Answers ]

I have hunters FAN. Its pull chain broke so I brought another 4 wire (3 spped fan switch) from Home Depot. I noted the location of existing wired as L - Black 1- Grey 2- Brown 3- Green I replaced the switch with same color coding of wire. Now the Fan runs only on 2 speed and does not stop at...

One Switch two lights - the second light furthest away from light won't turn off [ 4 Answers ]

One Switch two lights - the second light furthest away from light won't turn off but the first one does Worked until I swopped the roses. Suspect that didn't do something right when putting them back. Up to now - left bulb out but need to get it to work now.

Converting pull switch lights to wall switch [ 3 Answers ]

I've been struggling finding the answer to this in books and online, it seems as if it should be an easy question and something that gets done all the time. Looking for some help. My basement has several rooms and all lights are wired "hot" with pull switches from each light receptacle. When the...

View more questions Search