Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    pilarchl Posts: 17, Reputation: 2

Nov 28, 2006, 07:05 PM
    Is any one on Mirena birth control
    I am using Mirena, the IUD and I can't lose weight easily , what have you heard?
    maggieg Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 19, 2007, 02:08 PM
    I have been on the Mirena for 2 years now and I have had no side effects; except the loss of my period completely (which was very welcomed). I have felt nothing suring this whole time and love every aspect of it.

I have not gained weight with the Mirena, but I have in past with Birth Control pills (I have tried many!)

I can't say I have trouble losing weight, but it doesn't come off as quickly as it used to, but I think that has to do with the fact that I am not bleeding ouot every month (I had heavy periods)... all in all, I would blame it on my lifestyle/age rather than the IUD.

Good Luck with it, I love it!
    Maggie
    madienpink Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Dec 9, 2010, 01:43 PM
    Comment on maggieg's post
    Well aren't you lucky! I hate it, I am thinking about having mine removed and just going back to pills. I used to weigh in at 115 and now I'm 145 and that just happened since July
    laci172021 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 8, 2011, 12:35 PM
    Yes my doctor told me most women gain a few on the mirena and it will make it harder to lose weight. However i did start working out hardcore and cut a lot of carbs and completely off sodas and lost 10 lbs in a month hope this is helpful

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Birth control [ 2 Answers ]

How long does it take to start your period when you come of birth control. I was taking it for 4 months and my period would always start the next day or two. I quit taking it for good to try and get pregnant. Its been 3 weeks today that I stopped taking it. Does this mean I'm pregnant.

I messed up my birth control [ 1 Answers ]

Hello there. I am a new member and I am only 19 years old. I am a little worried because I messed up taking my birth control. Instead of forgetting the "active" pills, I took too many. I forgot to start taking the "inactive" pills which was when I would have had my period and I started taking...

Birth Control: [ 61 Answers ]

What is God's will regarding the use of birth control? HANK :)

Birth Control [ 3 Answers ]

I was wondering if you have been taking birth control for a really long time and you think you might be pregnant. Could the birth control screw up the results?

View more questions Search