Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jen923 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 4, 2010, 09:07 PM
    Why do my baby chicks peck each others butts
    My baby chicks (turkeys and chickens) are peaking each others butts and making them bleed BAD please help!
    Emily94 Posts: 1,129, Reputation: 64
    Ultra Member

Mar 7, 2010, 05:03 AM

Is a certain one? My male chickens did this to the females.
    ckvietok Posts: 24, Reputation: 1

Jul 5, 2010, 03:42 PM
    Chickens will peck for a number of reasons. They can be: too hot, too crowded, not enough fresh air or short of feeder or waterer space, or to establish the "leader" of the flock. To stop it, try fresh grass clippings, weeds, and lettuce in the pen. In cold weather, fresh hay works. Darken the hen house. Use milk blocks. As a last resort you can debeak, cutting 1/3rd of the top bill & just the tip of the bottom bill by using the Debeaker/Trimmer Other products offered to help prevent this problem are: Poly Peepers (like blinders), antipick lotions or spray

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

How are baby chicks colored for Easter? [ 6 Answers ]

How are baby chickens colored for Easter? I remember a pink chick when I was small. Lj

Sexing baby chicks [ 1 Answers ]

My son got some baby chicks for his birthday and we don't know how to tell the sex of them. Could some one please tell us how we can. Thank you

Chicks on vacation in Tibet? [ 2 Answers ]

Can someone help me figure out a movie I watched a while back when I was younger, I can't remember much of it but what I do know is it had something to do with these two female friends who went on vacation to tibet or something and one of them or maybe both of them somehow ended up being prisoners...

Chicks with scars [ 6 Answers ]

Do guys dig chicks with scars?

Uneven peck muscles [ 1 Answers ]

My husband has been lifting weights, and one of his peck muscles is bigger than the other one. I noticed someone had already asked this question and you said to use dumbells instead of a barbell but he's tried that and still no change. What can he do to even them out. Is there any way you could...

View more questions Search