Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    sgodard Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 4, 2010, 04:08 AM
    Amana gas heating unit will not heat. Gas valve comes on, ignites then goes off.
    The gas valve comes on and I hear ignition. The flame then immediately goes out and the process repeats. I turned the unit off because as long as I leave it on the process repeats continuously.
    hvac1000 Posts: 14,540, Reputation: 435
    Heating & Air Conditioning Expert

Mar 4, 2010, 08:13 AM
    Clean the flame sensor with fine sandpaper or steel wool
    Attached Images

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Payne Gas-Pac heating unit [ 2 Answers ]

My mother has a Payne Gas-Pac unit, model PY1P, ser # 0203G31100. It appears by what I am told that the blower motor is roaring and needs to be replaced. The unit was installed in Jan 2003, and she is being told that she should not waste her money on replacing this. She is on a limited income and I...

Carrier Natural Gas Furnace main gas valve will not open every call for heat [ 1 Answers ]

We have a Carrier Weather Maker 8000 Natural Gas Furnace not functioning properly. We have replaced pressure switch, hot surface ignitor, flame sensor and control board. It will cycle 3 to 4 times and then not come back on. Is it possibly a bad coil on gas valve?:rolleyes:

Gas furnace ignites intermittently-ignites after removing cover from ignitor chamber [ 3 Answers ]

Unit: Carrier WeatherMaker 9200 gas furnace, with an HSI ignitor Symptom 1: Thermostat is calling for heat, as evidenced by a flame icon on thermostat face, but no action in the furnace. Symptom 2: Ignites only AFTER I initiate Action 2 below. Then it seems to work for a while, until the...

Converting a new gas heating unit to electric [ 1 Answers ]

I have a new heating and cooling (Heil) and I wanted to ask how can I turn the gas heating to electric. Tsims

Amana Gas Dryer won't heat on heat cycle [ 2 Answers ]

I have an Amana gas dryer about 10 years old. The dryer will heat and the timer will advance on the timer cycle but it will not heat on the heat/more heat cycle. I have cleaned the lint vent entirely. I can see the ignitor get red hot and then ignites the gas on the timed setting. I am not sure...

View more questions Search