Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Bobbyluv16 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 1, 2010, 10:51 AM
    What if I got her pregnant?
    Fair warning: Please stop creating new threads

Threads merged

Im 18 and live in NC.My girlfriend is 15.her parents are okay with us dating because I'm a responsible young man. And they TRUST their daughter. I love her deeply! And nobody is going to take me away from her! We are 2 years and 9 months apart. She just 1 grade below me. And like I said nothing is coming between me and her! We have never had sex. We keep that out for now.

What if I got her pregnant? We are in love... and I can't lose her. I want to take care of her and the baby. Her father would kick her out and everything. What would happen to me?

If there is anyone who has a heart! Please let me know your opinion. I prayed that her parents would be okay with us and GOD answered my prayers! That's LOVE! You only know that if you have a heart. Let me know your opinion. Thank you.
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

Mar 1, 2010, 10:56 AM
    That would be STATUTORY RAPE and you would most likely be charged and registered as a sex offender.
    Jake2008 Posts: 6,721, Reputation: 3460
    Emotional Health Expert

Mar 1, 2010, 11:21 AM

What is wrong with your judgment, and what is wrong with your moral compass.

Can't you control yourself? You are in a relationship with a child, and you're worried about getting her pregnant?

If you are unsure of the legal consequences, obviously nothing else is stopping you, call your local PD and ask them.

Just my opinion here, but you have no business dating a child.
    Larken85 Posts: 696, Reputation: 146

Mar 2, 2010, 12:23 AM

I would say I totally agree. You are 3 years older than her at too young of an age. Respectively I am 12 years younger than my fiancé but being 24m and 36f is more like being 30m and 32f as compaired to you 18m and 15f which is more like 25m and 12f. She is not developed completely and I'm sorry but in you she set her sights too high and probably has daddy issues which you really don't want to get into anyway. Plus if she gets pregnant she is not going to get kicked out the parents will legally go after you and that you REALLY Don't want. Don't you have any shame? Any senses? And if nothing else USE PROTECTION!!

I suggest come to your senses and look for something closer to your age. Maybe you could do better. Maybe she could do a lot better
    jmjoseph Posts: 2,727, Reputation: 1244
    Ultra Member

Mar 2, 2010, 02:13 AM

In the eyes of the law, you are an adult. Now try to act like one and stop dating a child. You will be charged. Convicted, and labeled a sex offender for life. This is not the way you want to start your life. It doesn't matter what her parents think. You are breaking the law. And it sounds like she may already be pregnant.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Mar 2, 2010, 11:40 AM

As you see getting a young female pregnant, has its consequences which are for life, not only for you, but her, her family, and the child, and even your family.

Birth control is not a guarantee of not getting pregnant, but not having sex is (abstinence).

Her parents may be okay with you dating, but they will hang your azz, and send you to jail, if you get their CHILD pregnant, in addition to carrying a lifetime "sex offender" label around with you. Your lucky, because you would never be sniffing around my teen age daughter at 18, no matter what the law says, or any one else for that matter.

Better count your blessings, and not screw up, son.
    jaime90 Posts: 1,157, Reputation: 163
    Ultra Member

Mar 2, 2010, 12:03 PM

Well, for a boyfriend who "loves" this girl, you sure don't seem like the mature, responsible MAN that everyone thinks you are. You need to grow up, stop dating this poor girl, and change that.
    jmjoseph Posts: 2,727, Reputation: 1244
    Ultra Member

Mar 2, 2010, 03:20 PM

Do yourself a favor, imagine say next year, you are in jail for statutory rape, and some large, stinky, guy has claimed you for his own. You are the apple of his eye. Don't worry, he's not going to let anyone hurt his "girl". And then one day after a few years, you get parolled. (Your man is so sad.) The first thing you have to do is register on the sex offender's registry. For the rest of your life you have to report in to the local law office. If a sex crime happens in your area, YOU are automatically a suspect. You have to let all of your neighbors know that you are a sex offender.

Does this sound appealing? Get used to it. It's the law, and what you have to look forward to for breaking it.

I know it doesn't seem fair because there is only three years difference between you two. But in the eyes of the law, you are an adult.

Act like it.
    I wish Posts: 5,296, Reputation: 2030
    Family & People Expert

Mar 2, 2010, 07:57 PM
    Having sex with a minor is obviously against the law. There's no way to go around that.

If you truly loved each other that much, then you should have no problem waiting until it's legal?

You're both only teenagers. Regardless of your love for one another and regardless of how mature you may think you are, there's so much ahead of you. Focus on the journey of building a strong relationship before taking that next step.

I strongly suggest that you read this thread: https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/parent...dy-399072.html
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Mar 2, 2010, 08:02 PM

But of course you are in "love" so being one grade apart, that means someone either moved up or someone failed a grade or two.

So what job do you have to support a wife and baby ? What carrer plans do you have ?

Ok her parents are bad aprents and for some reason have not chased you away. That is no excuse to make seriouis mistakes for the rest of your life
    Larken85 Posts: 696, Reputation: 146

Mar 2, 2010, 08:09 PM

If the parents chased him away she would follow. But here is the thing dude, you are still legal and she is not. If she were 17 I would understand this but she is still 3 years younger than you. If its over 2.5 its three years. No one will have a messed up enough heart to suggest doing this. Get away from this girl.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

How to convince my parents to let me start dating [ 1 Answers ]

There is this boy I really like and I told my parents about him and they have met him. I really, really, really, really, REALLY, really like him and I know he really, really, REALLY likes me I I don't want to let him go. I have explained this to my parents and told them my reasons for me liking him...

Problems with parents and dating [ 7 Answers ]

Ok so here's the thing: I met my boyfriend online (hes tolally legit no worries) and he and I talk all the time. We're really close! The problem is that I live in Indiana and he lives in New York. Plus he's hispanic and I'm white. I'm scared to tell my parents... what do I do?? :confused:

16 yr old wants to live with me not her parents [ 1 Answers ]

I live in St. Lawrence County in NYS with my 14 yr old daughter. She has a friend that is 16 yr old and will be 17 next month. She lives with her mother that is abusive and wants to live with me because her biological father lives out of the school district. He doesn't have a problem with it. Her...

Children who don't like their parents dating other people [ 20 Answers ]

My mother and father got a divorce when I was younger, and then later on they were thinking about getting back together again. This made me very happy, but death stepped in. My father died:( Now there is a new guy that stepped in my mother's life. He tries to be friendly to me, but I don't...

Parents and dating [ 3 Answers ]

OK, I really like this one guy and he really lieks me and we have been hanging out with a bunch of people. He doesn't act the same around other people so I want to hang out with him one on one. I have never had a boyfriend before, or have ever been on a date. So him and I want to hangout this...

View more questions Search