Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    karatek5kenyon Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

Mar 3, 2010, 04:24 AM
    I have been scammed for £3000
    I have been scammed for £3000 I sent the money by moneygram and received nothing, (yes I know I was stuiped) anyway went to police they did'nt want to know said no crime has been committed and had to go to civil law but I don't know how to go about it, hopfully someone will be able to advise me. Thanks karen.
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

Mar 3, 2010, 04:35 AM
    Sorry to say, but the Police are correct, there really is nothing they can do.
    Moneygram and Weston union are used by scammers as they are basically untraceable.

You can try sueing for the return of your money and you may even get a judgement, but when you come to collect on it the trail will go very cold.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Am I being Scammed? [ 4 Answers ]

I've been corresponding with a beautiful Ghanaian from Kasoa Ghana for several weeks. I want to believe everything that is said, supposedly by her, that I don't really know for sure if it her or someone else sending pictures. She asked for me to send her money to renew her passport. I did and it...

Am I being scammed? [ 1 Answers ]

How do I check out a person who may or may not be scamming me. I have been scammed badly in the last six months and do not want it to happen again if I can help it. Thank you.

Am I being scammed [ 1 Answers ]

I received aletter that states final award winning notification check enclosed it is from a computterized ballot system drawing rom readers digest for 48,000 the check is for 3thousand claiming that the check covers both adminstravive and clearance fees for the winning of 48,000. I called they...

I've been scammed? [ 10 Answers ]

I moved 150 miles to another state for a job I was offered. I rented a house in the same town as the job. I moved in a month and a half ago. Since moving in they have had to cut a hole in the wall to fix plumbing, we have an air conditioner that doesn't work properly (doesn't cool below 83...

Was I Scammed? [ 6 Answers ]

I am pretty new to this bank stuff. I opened an account with wells fargo not too long ago, got a credit card and have had good credit blah blah. THis woman called me today from "Membership Services" based in Florida. They are offering free trips to people with good credit and stuff like that. I...

View more questions Search