Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jerseybing Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 27, 2010, 05:18 PM
    Unsecured wireless network someone used my debit card
    OK... I believe I left all my id's in my truck on Saturday... we had one of the grand-kids all weekend (3 years old).. and my father-in-law is dying.. my wife is in charge of the trust.. so it is hetic all the time never mind entertaining a 3 year old :) (phone never stops)... roughly 5pm est Monday (02-22-10)... wife is returning the child and I notice my id's are not where I keep them.. only other logical place.. my truck.. not there.. called BOA.. they were nice and gave me a temp credit.. now I get this "affidavit of fraud claimant" to fill out... well.. these charges that were rung up on my account was through my unsecured network.. 'cause the girl at BOA told me the ip address matched up with mine.. now I'm wondering... should I sign this affidavit?. I don't want my wife dragged into this.. she is stressed now with her Dad dying and everything else.. the last thing she needs is getting summoned into a court.. or answering some investergators questions... BOA knocking on the door with a warrant to check our computers... ect... I'm thinking I might just "eat it"... 'cause it's really my fault for not securing my network... (we are out in the woods).. anyway.. we really don't need any kind of so-called "legal" hassle right now.. there's too much going on for a lousy 150 bucks... should I sign this thing.. or am I opening a can of worms... thanks in advance.. jerseybing [email protected]
    cdad Posts: 12,700, Reputation: 1438
    Internet Research Expert

Feb 27, 2010, 05:34 PM

Did she make a purchase or not? That is the bottom line. Also what type of purchase was it and where did it go to?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Can not figure out my wireless network password, I have a router and wireless network [ 2 Answers ]

I have wireless network through, router. My wireless network password is saved on my laptop. My brother wants to use his laptop in my home using my wireless network, I know my ip address how do I give him password and key I have forgotten

Can I use wireless card to create a network connection? [ 1 Answers ]

I was wondering if I could make a network connection with two computers using only our wireless cards?

Belkin Wireless G notebook card won't detect a network :( [ 10 Answers ]

Hello, Well, to begin I am not the most technical person who ever lived, however, I bought a cheap laptop of eBay a week or so ago and it did not come with wifi built in so today I went to purchase a Belkin Wireless G notebook card. It came with a CD which I put into my laptop and it...

Wireless ethernet LAN network PCI card [ 2 Answers ]

I just purchased a used (Netgear WRG614 wireless router) & a used (Encore 802.11g wireless ethernet LAN network pci card) from Ebay for my desktop with XP Pro & SP2.I have the instructions & disc for my (Netgear WRG614 wireless router) but the (wireless ethernet LAN network pci card) did'nt come...

View more questions Search