Ask
    mereadiluvu7 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 25, 2010, 04:19 PM
    How to write the journal entry for supplies on cash
    Journalise supplies on hand at the end of the year $3000
    pready Posts: 3,197, Reputation: 207
    Ultra Member

Feb 25, 2010, 06:49 PM

If you know what amount of supplies is onhand per the books, then you calculate the difference from what your books say you have and the actual amount of supplies onhand.

The journal entry is:
    Debit Supplies Expense for the difference
    Credit Supplies for the difference so that your Supplies account shows that you have $3,000 worth of supplies onhand.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Journal Entry and Petty Cash [ 2 Answers ]

On March 20, Batavia's petty cash fund of $100 is replenished when the Fund contains $9 in cash and receipts for postage $52, freight-out $26, And travel expense $10. Prepare the journal entry to recorded the Replenishment of the petty cash fund.

Cash Payment Journal Entry [ 1 Answers ]

How would I post this transaction... Camo Co issued check# 3412, payable to payroll, in payment of sales salaries, $5,320, and office salaries, $3,150. Cashed the check and paid the employees.

Contra account entry for cash write off [ 1 Answers ]

I want to write off cash what entries should I pass in journal or what is contra account for cash write off?

Journal Entry - Supplies bought on credit [ 3 Answers ]

I am having trouble with this problem (although I know it must be simple to answer!). Someone please, please help!! If your company purchased supplies on credit, hwo would you record this journal entry? Then when you make a partial payment to your credit account, how would you record that...

View more questions Search