Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    whatisgoingon Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Nov 27, 2006, 02:03 PM
    Crack in shower base
    I have an acrylic shower base that is only about 3 years old. I noticed today that it has a 3" crack in it about an inch from the drain. I checked it out downstairs and noticed the wood was discolored. So it must have been leaking for awhile. Is there any way that I can fix it without replacing it? :(
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Nov 27, 2006, 03:42 PM
    If you want to do the job yourself, Bath Wizzard has a kit you may be intrested in. You can check it out at: http://www.bathwizard.com/ Hope this helps TOM
    whatisgoingon Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Nov 28, 2006, 08:36 AM
    Will it stop the leak?
    Eternal Plumber

Nov 28, 2006, 08:53 AM
    It will repair the crack and make it watertight. Cheers, Tom
    bobfarrell Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jan 4, 2010, 01:53 PM
    I have a composite marble (walk-in) shower with a 10" crack on the floor of the pan 1/2 way between the drain & door. Is there a way to repair this of am I looking at a COMPLETE demolition and replacement of my shower? The home is only 3 years old but as luck would have it, the warranty is only for 2 years so now I own both sides of the crack and any potential water damage. All thoughts and ideas are welcome! Thanks!
    Eternal Plumber

Jan 4, 2010, 05:38 PM

Bob,
    Rather then tear up your shower floor try this first; Bath Wizard bathtub repair for fiberglass, porcelain, cultured marble
    Good luck, Tom
    bobfarrell Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jan 4, 2010, 09:19 PM
    Thanks Tom! In reading the website, this may repair the current crack. Any ideas on how to provide the additional support under the pan? I am assuming that the reason for the crack is improper installation and lack of support under the pan. Thanks again for your help!!
    efsconsulting Posts: 2, Reputation: 2

Jun 11, 2010, 02:41 PM
    Hello users bobfarrell and whatisgoingon, I am in the same boat as you, with a shower base that was installed only 6 months ago but a contractor who did a shotty job and did not support the base underneath adequately. I am desperately trying to avoid having to spend the $4000 to have a contractor come in and tear the whole thing out to start over. Please God help! If either of you or both are willing to correspond on possible solutions, or if you have tried one successfully, I would be forever indebted. Heck, I'd even paypal you a consulting fee just to help me out. SOS! My email is [email protected]
    Milo Dolezal Posts: 7,192, Reputation: 523
    Plumbing Expert

Jun 11, 2010, 11:27 PM

Efsconsulting: This original post is from 2006. Don't piggy back. Start your own thread. Thank you.
    efsconsulting Posts: 2, Reputation: 2

Jun 13, 2010, 07:26 PM

Milo Dolezal: I can't believe you would take the time to tell me not to "piggy back". This site is about people helping one another, not about being overly anal about thread protocol, and having a complete lack of tact. Apparently though that is what you think the site is about. I replied to this because I wanted to directly address the people in the post, and I am in serious need of help on the particular issue they
    Were discussing. So why would I start a fresh thread, when this one is exactly the issue I would like to discuss? That makes little sense. Here's some advice for you Milo- don't waste people's time. Good day to you.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Installing shower base [ 6 Answers ]

Tom, I have a new question. In setting a shower base, on concrete, how much mortar should a person spread, just a couple inches around the drain? Or, should it be more than that. Also, what's the deal in the instructions about putting plastic over the mortar? The base wouldn't be stuck down with...

Shower base... [ 7 Answers ]

Not sure if this is a pluming question or tiling question, so sorry if this is the wrong place to ask. I'm still working on my master bathroom project (some of you may remember me from my "moving a toilet" question). Well, everything is roughed in in its new locations and I am starting to...

Shower base [ 1 Answers ]

I need to install a new shower base over a concrete surface, however the surface is not a normal size for a standard shower base nor is the drain located in the center of the floor. How do I re-route the plumbing to reach the drain, do I elevate the shower base using 2 x 4's and cement boards to...

Concrete Shower Base [ 2 Answers ]

I am trying to replace what was an all plastic shower stall located in my basement with a more substantial structure. All of the plumbing is in place but as part of my project I have studded out one wall so that I could re-route the hot and cold water lines inside the new wall. Because of this...

Shower stall base [ 3 Answers ]

I purchased a house with an unfinished half bath. The shower base was not installed. There is a cast iron pipe coming up through the slab.there is a drain leaded into the pipe with a flange and a liner that is cut off,and a threaded 2" drain screwed into it,it has been there a long time and I...

View more questions Search