Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    holly3 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 23, 2010, 11:40 AM
    Do I continue taking my birth control?
    This is my first month on birth control, I was put on it to regulate my cycle, I started my period but I still have a week and a half of active birth control pills left is this normal?(I read it could be breakthrough bleeding) should I continue taking the pills?
    justcurious55 Posts: 4,360, Reputation: 790
    Ultra Member

Feb 23, 2010, 12:15 PM

Yes, keep taking it. It make take a while to regulate your period. My dr always told me three months. And after three months, if a certain pill still wasn't working out, they'd switch me to a different pill. In the meantime, keep taking your pill, same time everyday.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Is it OK to start taking my birth control pill on a different day? [ 2 Answers ]

I usually start my packs on Friday so my period comes on Monday and ends on the next Friday, but I wanted to start taking my pills on Thursday so that way my period starts on Sunday and ends on the next Thursday. I asked the nurse at the clinic that I get my pills from if it was OK and she said...

Stop taking birth control shot [ 1 Answers ]

I stop taking my birth control shot this month because my husband is in jail and I am going to be faithful to him and not have intercourse with no one else and when I knew when he a be coming home I was going to get back taking the shot. I was wondering if it was okay for me to stop taking it all...

Birth control pills continue [ 2 Answers ]

I have been off the pills for two moths and have been trying to conceive for that two months, what do you think I should do?

Should I continue taking same medicine ? [ 4 Answers ]

Hi, I am a man of age 58 years old and I am on medication for last 9 years for Hypertension. Medicine details are as under : 1.) Betatrop - Tablet - OD ( Morning ) 2.) Nicardia Retard 20 - Tablet - OD ( Evening ) 3.) Winofit -...

View more questions Search