Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mikect05 Posts: 48, Reputation: 1

Feb 22, 2010, 03:10 PM
    Should my mother still get alimony when she was not a good mother or wife?
    Hi, my Father has been paying my mother alimony for years along with buying her a house. My mother was awful growing up and it was my father who both worked and raised me and my brother. We are both in agreement that it is ashame that my Father has to still pay her alimony. I know that the only reason my Father stayed with my mom so long was to try and keep the family together for us kids. When I think back on my childhood my mother acted crazy, while my Father was stable and a good role model. If my brother and I go to court on his behalf do we have any chance of getting rid of the alimony paid from my father to our mother? We have also witnessed our mother use other men for money and things since. Now our Father is older and cannot afford these payments. It really is injustice for someone who is fair and honest to keep paying someone who is lazy, unfair and a leech!
    Thank you
    this8384 Posts: 4,564, Reputation: 485
    Ultra Member

Feb 22, 2010, 03:18 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by mikect05 View Post
    Hi, my Father has been paying my mother alimony for years along with buying her a house. My mother was awful growing up and it was my father who both worked and raised me and my brother. We are both in agreement that it is ashame that my Father has to still pay her alimony. I know that the only reason my Father stayed with my mom so long was to try and keep the family together for us kids. When I think back on my childhood my mother acted crazy, while my Father was stable and a good role model. If my brother and I go to court on his behalf do we have any chance of getting rid of the alimony paid from my father to our mother? We have also witnessed our mother use other men for money and things since. Now our Father is older and cannot afford these payments. It really is injustice for someone who is fair and honest to keep paying someone who is lazy, unfair and a leech!
    Thank you
    Alimony isn't based upon a person's personality - it's based upon how much money one "could" have earned but didn't during the marriage.

No, testifying in court will not get your mother's alimony reduced whatsoever. I agree that it may not be the most morally fair thing, but it is the most legally fair.
    cdad Posts: 12,700, Reputation: 1438
    Internet Research Expert

Feb 22, 2010, 04:12 PM

Alimony is awarded by the courts. He would have to look at his paperwork to see what can be done about it.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Rifts between my mother and my wife [ 12 Answers ]

Hi, I am an Indian guy who has been married for over 2 years now and as our culture is, I stay with my parents and Grandmother post marriage. I have been facing a lot of pressure due to the growing problems between my mother and my Wife. I love them both and can't think of getting separated...

Good mother or not [ 7 Answers ]

My 24-year old son is an alcoholic. Since he graduated from High School, I have been struggling with him to do something with his life. He dropped out of college, does not want to work, does not want to do anything, except drink, write music and watch sports. He is so angry at me because he says...

What do I do if my mother in law claimed my wife? [ 6 Answers ]

Me and my wife had gotten married on dec. 18 2006 and her mother claimed her yet so did I I thought she could not claim her because she is my wife what do I do?

View more questions Search