Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Yaya90 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 20, 2010, 12:20 PM
    Printer spooler keeps stopping windows 7 from vista
    I recently upgraded from windows Vista to Windows 7 ultimate. My printer spooler service is set to automatic but keeps stopping. As a result I can't install my printer or use network printers to print publicly. Is this a usual problem for computers from vista to 7?
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

Feb 20, 2010, 12:25 PM
    Any upgrade process is fraught with problems and considering you went from Vista (pants) to Win7 (way better) I'm not really surprised you are seeing issues.

If you are lucky you can use your upgrade disc to do a repair install of Win7.
    This is quite straightforward and detailed here: Repair Install - Windows 7 Forums

This should "reset" things so it will work.
    Also make sure you have applied ALL available updates and patchs as there has been quite a few already.
    cdad Posts: 12,700, Reputation: 1438
    Internet Research Expert

Feb 20, 2010, 12:27 PM

Here is a few more links related to print spooler here.

Ref:

The print spooler will not stay on in Win 7.

Print Spooler | Services Guide | Smallvoid.com

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Print spooler keeps stopping [ 7 Answers ]

I am trying to install a printer but it keeps telling me the print spooler has stopped. I went into component services and re-started the print spooler service. I tried to install the printer again and again it tells me the print spooler stopped. I go back and check and yes, it quit again. Also...

Print spooler keeps stopping [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, After I have installed Rightfax on a number of pc's , the print spooler keeps stopping every time I try to print. Im running Xp and sp2. I have tried deleting the other printers thinking that it would be the drivers, only to discover that it's the rightfax drivers that is corrupting the...

Print spooler keeps stopping [ 3 Answers ]

My print spooler stops before every print job. I have the vista operating system. It won't let me install any new printer:mad:

Can't install printer to vista windows [ 4 Answers ]

I have tried to install this printer three times and nothing happens. The disc says lexmark 640 but the printer it self says z645 I need help. What can I do now I'm getting very :mad: thank you for your time.

View more questions Search