Craftsman snowblower won't throw snow, auger not spinning
    bandit1 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 16, 2010, 07:44 PM

Craftsman snowblower won't throw snow, auger not engaging
    KISS Posts: 12,510, Reputation: 839
    Uber Member

Feb 16, 2010, 08:12 PM

Check shear bolts.

Move auger by hand with plug wire disconnected.
    DG Posts: 1,375, Reputation: 109
    Ultra Member

Feb 17, 2010, 10:24 AM

KISS is right the shear bolts are probably broken that's the way they are made ,to break if you hit something hard.Make sure you put the same grade of bolt back in.
    To hard of a bolt could break something else,

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Snow thrower doesn't throw snow [ 8 Answers ]

Hello, I'm new but I really enjoyed all the questions I have read so far. My spirit snow blower does not all the time throw snow. Sometimes it does throw snow and all of a sudden it stop to throw snow. There is no clog in the chute. Could any one help me please, the snow is now on the ground and...

Husqvarna 521 SSE Snowblower will not throw snow [ 1 Answers ]

Husqvarna 521 SSE Snowblower is about 5 years old and will not throw snow. We took on the slack in the calble that controls the belt pulley via the adjustment screw on cable but still will not throw snow... wants to simple push it out front of augers

Snow blower won't throw snow impeller works auger works new belt pushes up the chute [ 11 Answers ]

The impeller works the auger works put a new belt on the snow starts to come out the chute goes about six inches plugs no broken pin checked all I could

7.5 Toro Snowblower will not throw snow, but machine runs fine [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, My 7.5 HP Toro snowblower runs great, but here is the problem. The auger appears to spin fine until it hits the snow and it stops spinning and gets clogged up with snow. I am not sure if I have to replace a belt or something? If anybody knows what the issue may be and knows if this is...

Honda HS35 won't throw snow [ 3 Answers ]

I have a Honda HS35 snow blower that won't throw snow. The rubber blades are a bit worn but I would think it should throw something. The machine also operates at a fairly low rpm and when I raise the rpm it will throw snow but just enough to get past the discharge chute. I want to buy new...

View more questions Search