Ask
    qmcghee Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 16, 2010, 12:06 PM
    Calculate yearly straight line rate for 10 years
    Ccalculate yearly straight line rate for 10 years
    ebaines Posts: 12,131, Reputation: 1307
    Expert

Feb 16, 2010, 12:52 PM

OK, here's a guess - you're asking about calculting straight-line depreciation, right? Just divide the cost of the capital expense item by 10, and that's how much you write off each year as depreciation expense, for 10 years.
    morgaine300 Posts: 6,561, Reputation: 276
    Uber Member

Feb 19, 2010, 12:35 AM

That might depend if it's being done a proper accounting way, which could include a salvage (residual, tradein) value. If so, you have to subtract that off first.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Calculate the annual straight-line depreciation for a machine that costs $50,000 and [ 1 Answers ]

Calculate the annual straight-line depreciation for a machine that costs $50,000 and has installation and shipping costs that total $1000. The machine will be depreciated over a period of 10 years. The company’s marginal tax rate is 40 percent.

How to calculate a depreciated straight line [ 4 Answers ]

I do not know how to calculate a two a 410000 depreciated straight line with a four year life and a salvage value of zero

Calculate the international growth rate & sustainable growth rate? [ 1 Answers ]

S&S Air INC. 2006 income statement $ Sales: 21,785,300 Cost of goods sold: ...

Going from an hourly rate to straight salary [ 2 Answers ]

My company is offering me a straight salary instead of an hourly rate. How can I determine if I'll be better off by taking a straight salary?

View more questions Search