Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    svinny1103 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 25, 2006, 09:15 AM
    Roommate Harrassment/Nightmare Roommate
    I've been living with my roommate for over 4 months now in a 2 bedroom apartment in western PA. We both signed a 1 year lease with the landlord. Little did I realize I signed a lease with a nightmare of a roommate. She throws parties 3+ nights a week, her friends smoke in the building (no smoking building), someone threw up in the hallway, some of her friends stole decorations in the hallway, and I do not even sleep at the building anymore because these parties go on until 3am most of the time. I confronted her about it, and now she is making living there a nightmare for me. She harasses me anytime me, or any of my guests are there. I even had to call the police to come handle her one time. It is getting to the point where she is physically threatening me and my friends, I told the police this, and threats account for nothing. She as to hurt me first... can you believe that! I've tried to talk to my landlord, but she says our names are on the lease so we're stuck. Worse off I found out yesterday from another tenant in the building that she has been slandering me to the landlord, and blaming everything that her and her friends damaged on me. I'm at the point now where I am paying rent for a place I don't even use. Is there anything I can do to get her out?? Please help, or send any thoughts.

p.s. I haven't even begun to think about the security deposit, because there is so much damage from her parties and drunk friends.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Nov 25, 2006, 12:40 PM
    Give notice and move, so what, they sue you for breaking the lease?

Don't pay any more rent and give written notice to landlord, naming names of people doing damge, give some dates and so on.

You won't be the first person to ever move out and breach a lease.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

The roommate that won't leave HELP! [ 3 Answers ]

Help!! I have an off beat situation. I rent a large apartment with two floors, I have shared rent with the guy upstares, the rent all together is $1400.00 per month, now I'v decided to ask the guy to leave and he took it on himself to stay for the next three months rent free. Hes...

Roomate/Shrew from Hades [ 1 Answers ]

Okay, here's the deal: I let a certain girl, we'll call her "C", stay with me, RENT FREE, for three months in New Orleans. We both ended up moving to Seattle, and I happened to run into her just as my previous apt.s lease was ending. She needed someone to help her with the 900 dollar rent, I needed...

Roommate eviction [ 17 Answers ]

Girlfriend and I or breaking up, she filed to have me evicted, they served paper stating I have five days? I've lived her since we moved here, The lease is in her name but I own the furniture and all my mail is delivered here. They should have at least allowed me 10 days. We live in florence South...

Neighbor harassment [ 2 Answers ]

In a case of credit card debt, when the account has gone to a collection agency, is it legal for them to call the owner of the account's neighbors and discuss the account,etc. with them,on the pretense of being unable to make contact? If not, who can this be reported to?

Joint Lease roommate Problem... Please Help [ 3 Answers ]

Hi I live in State College PA. I am in a JOINT LEASE with a friend on mine who sublet his part to someone as he got a job in the west. So here's the problem, the subtenant has not paid his share of the rent since past 3 months and the late fees incurred. Also he vacated the apartment while I...

View more questions Search