Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    chelseagirl Posts: 25, Reputation: 1

Feb 13, 2010, 10:48 PM
    Help with photos not being distorted when on the computer
    I have taken a few photos long way when I put them on the computer I then have to turn them around as they down load on the side. When I turn them around, the whole photo is distorted and the person or item comes out shorter and fatter. Is this a problem with my camera or my computer. I would appreciate any help available and how I would rectify this problem
    Scleros Posts: 2,165, Reputation: 262
    Hardware Expert

Feb 14, 2010, 12:10 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by chelseagirl View Post
    Is this a problem with my camera or my computer.
    It's neither, but likely an artifact of how they are being turned around. For instance if the image is resized in any fashion from it's original X pixels wide by Y pixels high dimensions, one or both of the dimensions will be stretched or compressed. Check whatever software you are using to turn them around and verify it is only rotating and not resizing.

Another issue that can be encountered if images are intended to be actual real-life size when displayed on the screen is the potential difference in aspect ratios of the camera and computer display. For example, if the camera takes a photo with 640x480 dimensions, the aspect ratio is 640/480=1.3. This image if displayed on a wide screen LCD monitor having native resolution of 1440x900, an aspect ratio of 1440/900=1.6, will be distorted slightly, usually too little notice unless being compared to the actual photographed item.
    chelseagirl Posts: 25, Reputation: 1

Feb 14, 2010, 12:39 AM

Many thanks for answering I will definitely try this I will look into the software and try rotating

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Computer screen distorted [ 3 Answers ]

I need help in getting my computer screen clear. All pictures and backgrounds are distorted. What can I do? Please help if you can. Thanks.

Damaged photos after coping into my computer [ 2 Answers ]

Dear sir/madam Hi, I have just found your site couple of minutes ago and I hope it is going to be a good experience for me with this site. My problem is , after I copied my pictures from my camera into my PC, their size has increased massivly and I can't even open them now. They should have...

Distorted computer display [ 2 Answers ]

I was typing on my computer and hit a key by mistake and now all of my programs are stretched out horizontally. How do I get them back to normal?

View more questions Search