Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tableclocks Posts: 432, Reputation: 2

Nov 23, 2006, 11:28 AM
    Good and bad main panels?
    I need a new up grade 200amp main panel.. I see a lot of different brands on e bay .ect and in the store.. any one or ones I should stay away from?the best ones are? Ite... cutter hammer any good? I know q d is very good bur very exspensive also... hope I get a answer from someone... thank you all... richard
    tableclocks Posts: 432, Reputation: 2

Nov 23, 2006, 11:39 AM
    Good and bad 200 amp main panels
    What are the good and bad main panels for 200 amp service? Thank you
    tkrussell Posts: 9,659, Reputation: 725
    Uber Member

Nov 23, 2006, 12:37 PM
    Stay away from Federal Pacific, any that are available are obsolete. All the others are fine. Cutler Hammer is good. Square D QO is built for light commercial grade, their HomeLine is usually reasonably priced, and still good.
    labman Posts: 10,580, Reputation: 551
    Uber Member

Nov 29, 2006, 05:07 PM
    If you ever think you might want to add a backup generator, this http://ecatalog.squared.com/techlib/...00892680126e4f could tip you to Square D, it is only about $30, vastly cheaper than other alternatives.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

200 amp panel feeding a 100 amp panel roughly 130' away [ 7 Answers ]

Hi all, We are building a apartment above the garage,my question is what size wire do I need to run from the 200 amp panel to the 100 amp panel roughly 130' away? I want to use aluminum wire as I think copper would be to costly. Thanks for your help in advance, Dude :eek:

Feeder line from main panel [ 5 Answers ]

I want to run a feeder line from one building to another in a 2 in. underground conduit.about 100 ft. run what size alum. Wire will I need for 125 amp sub panel

Main Service Panel needs [ 9 Answers ]

I ran across this site accidentally today and found someone who had many of the same issues I need help with. Most of my questions were answered reading the forum however I have one more, using the following information I am hoping someone can help. The existing house is apx. 2300 sq ft w/a 200...

Sub Panel with a main in Position 2,4, 6 [ 2 Answers ]

My question concerns panel boards where the main breaker takes up two or three positions on the panel board. If I use a main in position 2,4,6 the corresponding positions 1,3,5 have to be left blank according to code.

How do I relocate a main service panel? [ 4 Answers ]

I need to move my main service panel about 20 feet. All of the branch feeder wires need to be longer to reach the new box. How do I extend them?

View more questions Search