Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    pink_poodle Posts: 55, Reputation: 2

Feb 8, 2010, 10:00 AM
    3rd trimester
    I'm about to hit my 3rd trimester and I'm starting to feel very fragile.Since I live in a dorm at my university I walk to all my classes and Im exhausted by the end of the day. It is hard for me to bend over to get my socks and shoes on because of my belly. I feel like I can't do anything for myself. Im getting very frustrated. Is anyone else feeling the same way?
    Synnen Posts: 7,927, Reputation: 2443
    Expert

Feb 8, 2010, 10:28 AM

Let me tell you, honey--I'd rather go through labor 10 times than go through the last trimester of pregnancy once.

What you're feeling is completely normal.

Is it possible for you to get some slip on shoes that you could wear without socks? I know that helped me toward the end of my pregnancy. I see you're in TX--depending on where in TX, that may or may not be an option (didn't you get some snow just a couple weeks ago?)
    pink_poodle Posts: 55, Reputation: 2

Feb 8, 2010, 11:00 AM

I went out and bought some keds and they're sort of slip on they don't have laces. But no I'm in Kingsville which is South Texas thank God no snow lol
    Synnen Posts: 7,927, Reputation: 2443
    Expert

Feb 8, 2010, 11:02 AM

Slip on shoes and skirts made my last few months bearable.

Remember to also use lotion on your stomach and thighs--it will help with some of the itching from stretch marks, and by keeping your skin supple, it will help reduce the stretch marks in general.

Try to keep your salt intake low, too--that's what caused me to retain water, and made my feet and ankles VERY swollen.
    nicckidoodle Posts: 146, Reputation: 4

Feb 8, 2010, 11:47 AM

The last weeks of my pregnancy were terrible, my maternity clothes didn't fit, I had to wear flip flops because my feet were so swollen, and I felt like I might as well be rolled everywhere I went because it had to be fasted lol! Just remember pregnancy is coming to a close and as uncomfortable as you feel now it will be amazing soon! Try to keep yourself comfortable haha that's a joke I know, but try! And stay hydrated!
    Aurora_Bell Posts: 4,193, Reputation: 822
    Dogs Expert

Feb 8, 2010, 12:57 PM

Me too!
    I was HUGE. I literally gained 100lbs.
    I had to wear flip flops, and like nicckidoodle, my maternity clothes didn't even fit. I had to wear these balck sweat pants, that I made into capri's.
    I was very un lucky because no lotion, oil or cream helped me with my stretch marks, but luckily they are starting to fade away.
    I was irritable, hot (it was one of the hottest summers) and cranky. I couldn't stand being around anyone, and to top it all off, my grandmother passed away a few weeks before I gave birth, I had to travel and stay in a small house with A lot of family and no air conditioner. I had all types of people telling me what I should and shouldn't be doing. I had one aunt who thought I was there to be her personal errand runner!
    I ended up sneaking away to their un finished basements with the dogs!
    And sleep? Not like it's bad enough you hve this HUGE watermelon on the front of your gut, I didn't even have my own bed to sleep in! I had to share it with my cousin who snores, kicks and punches in her sleep! It wasn't fun.
    Let's not get started on my birth!
    I feel your pain, but you're almost done and when you look into your little one's eyes it will all be worth it! :)
    Good luck

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

What if I get sick during first trimester [ 6 Answers ]

Im currently nearly 8 weeks pregnant and I know that the first 3 months are the most crucial part of the pregnancy. I work in an enclosed office with 8 people. The majority are sneezing and coughing.. with cold symptoms. We HAVE to keep the air con on, which is unfair. However some people feel...

Second trimester miscarriage [ 3 Answers ]

Hi everyone, I had a miscarriage today my 3rd so heartbreaking I was almost 19 weeks, I can't figure out what went wrong. Here's the history on my latest pregnancy, week 9 I had brown discharge, week 13 slight bleeding for 30 min then stopped, week 18 plus a few days light spotting after...

1st Trimester [ 35 Answers ]

OK... so yes.. I am pregnant haha My husband and I had to pregnancy confirmed by our doctor at only 1 month along I am now 8 weeks and 4 days pregnant (as far as we know) On Monday (april 14th) I have my very 1st ultra sound... from looking online I figure we really won't be able to see much......

View more questions Search