Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    marybabes Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 7, 2010, 03:22 AM
    Xp user logon problem
    I have the same problem as...
    Asked 2006-11-04 by tik2tak in Windows with 2 replies
    Hi everyone! My windows xp logoff immediately after logon. So I have no chance to do anything in windows. This happens in safe mode and for all users too. The system was working properly before it and it was not connected to network for virus infection.

After running virus checker, I had about 7 virusus of type Vi?? In System files including cmd.exe - After virus checker dealt with them, and restarting, I logon and it logs off straight away as described above.

I tried reloading windows in recovery mode, but still have same probem.
    seahwk83 Posts: 3,276, Reputation: 212
    Ultra Member

Feb 7, 2010, 12:25 PM

If system restore does not work, you would be looking at a repair installation to 'fix' the issue whatever it may be as you can not get into the OS to try and find anything out.

Repair Installation
    A Repair Install will replace the system files with the files on the XP CD used for the Repair Install. It will leave your applications and settings intact, but Windows updates will need to be reapplied.

Perform a Repair Installation

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Logging off user problem [ 1 Answers ]

I have two users A and B. I am logging on as user A. I used to switch to user B.So far, so good. The problems start when I decide to go back to user A either using logging off B or switching (again) to user A. I came upon to a black screen (the power is on) and nothing is done. From the XP...

Local User Profile Reset at Logon [ 36 Answers ]

I am having a weird occurrence, it started with one user, then another and another. I reformatted the PC and setup the user. No roaming profiles. Local profile, user off domain. Policy only to redirect My Docs & Desktop to users home directory on our server. Setup Internet, Outlook,...

How to restrict user to logon on 1 PC at a Time [ 4 Answers ]

Hi all I'm working on Windows 2003 server I want to restrict a user account so that it can only log in to one computer at a time. I have a set of users that I don't want logging in to several computers at the same time. Is this can be done through Group Policy or some other method. ...

Requested Logon Type? (Logon failure) [ 8 Answers ]

hello everyone... just want to said that I'm the new member here... my name daniel... nice to know all of u =) I usually got a problem with my computer so I will recently talk (ask and answer) about it... I have two computer in my house, one is desktop and the other one is my laptop. I...

Win xp logon problem [ 2 Answers ]

Hi everyone! My windows xp logoff immediately after logon. So I have no chance to do anything in windows. This happens in safe mode and for all users too. The system was working properly before it and it was not connected to network for virus infection. I also checked the problem due to...

View more questions Search