Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ecbenson Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 6, 2010, 12:13 PM
    Value of Alltel shares since merger with Verizon
    My sister passed and left 212 shares of Alltel, which as since merged with Verizon. I have the physical certificates in my hand. How much are the shares worth?
    CarrotTalker Posts: 392, Reputation: 189

Feb 6, 2010, 04:53 PM

I was having trouble finding what happened to the Alltell shares. If verizon did a share swap or buyout.

Your best bet, would to call Verizon Investor Relations and see what they can do for you.

Verizon | Investor Relations | Investor Contacts

Also according to this page:
    Verizon | Investor Relations | Shareowner Information | Shareowner FAQs
    They utilize a company called Computershare which might be of some assistance to you.

Let us know how that goes.
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Feb 7, 2010, 10:21 AM

Why is this posted in bereavement? It appears to be more about the value of the estate than recovering from the death of a loved one.
    ecbenson Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 8, 2010, 01:40 PM

Thanks for the help. After a few calls to someone in Stockholder Relations in Verizon, I was able to get help. Relative to posting in bereavement, I am new to site and just figuring out how to use it. I apologize if I offended anyone.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Merger analysis [ 1 Answers ]

TransWorld Communications Inc. a large telecommunications company, is evaluating the possible acquisition of Georgia Cable Company (GCC), a regional cable company. TransWorld's analysts project the following postmerger data for GCC (in thousands of dollars, with a December 31 year-end): ...

Stock Merger [ 1 Answers ]

I have a recent stock merger. I received $33/shr cash and new stock valued at $17/shr. For LTCG, must I show proceeds of $50/shr against a basis of $17/shr or can I carry forward the old basis to the new stock? Been a long time since I did one of these. Would hate to pay LTCG on the entire merger...

Issuing new shares, to purchase assets that increase the value of all of the shares, [ 2 Answers ]

As an example ABC ltd, has assets of $500,000 and liabilities of $500,000, with a turnover of $100,000 and a profit of $10,000, retained earning of negative $20,000. ABC Ltd was set up with only one share and it is held by the single share holder. Then ABC Ltd (under the direction of the...

What is the difference between takeover and merger? [ 2 Answers ]

What are the differences between a takeover and a merger? What are the possible impacts of a takeover for the company involved? What are the possible impacts of a takeover on the company's shareholders?

Shares applied for and shares alloted [ 2 Answers ]

I am a bit confused - the following is a question in my assignment: Xx Ltd was registered on 1 Jan with a capital of R80 000, divided into 10 000 5% preff shares @ R2.00 each, and 30 000 ordinary shares of R2.00 each. Preff shares were fully subscribed and duly allotted, but only 25 000 ordinary...

View more questions Search