Ask
    SwedeDC Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Feb 1, 2010, 05:21 PM
    Canon printers - help desk
    My Cannon i860 will not print.
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Feb 1, 2010, 05:24 PM

Do you have the troubleshooting page that came with it? If so, have you dealt with those possible issues?

Please describe the problem -- it doesn't feed? It doesn't print? It prints but x happens? One color doesn't come out right?

Feb 1, 2010, 05:50 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Wondergirl View Post
    Do you have the troubleshooting page that came with it? If so, have you dealt with those possible issues?

Please describe the problem -- it doesn't feed? it doesn't print? it prints but x happens? one color doesn't come out right?
    It feeds, but no image is printed.

Feb 1, 2010, 05:52 PM

Image feeds in all right, but printout is blank . Maybe I need to clean the jets??
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Feb 1, 2010, 06:19 PM

When did you last use it and it worked?
    You've checked the connections?
    Have you turned off the computer, counted to ten, and turned it back on?
    Have you turned the printer off, counted to ten, and then back on?
    Do you need a new cartridge?
    donf Posts: 5,679, Reputation: 582
    Printers & Electronics Expert

Feb 2, 2010, 12:06 PM
    Are you using 3rd party ink cartridges or refilled ink cartridges.

Most if not all ink jet vendors will void warranties if 3rd.party ink is used.

Not just to make money. It's a quality statement. The printer manufacturer cannot guarantee the chemical signature of someone else's ink.

Bad ink can cause leaks, clogged nozzles, contaminated printheads and so on. Because of this the printers have logic in them to prevent third party or refilled ink to be accessed. Some times you will bed constantly told to check the ink.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

All in one printers [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I am researching printers that use generic ink. Any help would be appreciated. Thank You, Rob9

Canon All-In-One printers [ 1 Answers ]

I have recently had a problem with a Canon MP700. Everything worked beautifuly except the scanning function. I reinstalled the drivers exactly how the instructions asked, reinstalled the scanner and usb composite device separately, reinstalled the software, tested the printer on a different...

Printers [ 1 Answers ]

:(Hello Everyone) Anyone I am having a real rough time trying to figure this one out, Loaded a firmware on my printer, and now it's sending characters we do not understand, we talked to a tech, and he explained to us that the firmware that was loaded had brain washed the printer into believe that...

View more questions Search