Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    butterflycrazy09 Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Jan 30, 2010, 10:23 PM
    7 month old baby gir
    I have a 7 month old baby girl. She is eating solids and has been since she was 5 months old but she's now beening very picky she will only eat her 2 favourite dishes and nothing else it's either chicken or lamb in the baby foods I have tried her on the veges and fruit and the custards but she just won't eat them she clams her mouth shut until I get her one of her favourite dishes any suggestions on what to do??
    rosemcs Posts: 325, Reputation: 47

Jan 30, 2010, 10:34 PM

This is normal. Babies and toddlers are constantly changing as they grow. Have you tried feeding mushy solids that are not in the baby food jars? You can mush plenty of other things, such as sweet potato, banana, oatmeal, avocado, potatoes, mushed pear, applesauce, yogurt. Try a buch of different foods and your baby will find something to fit her pallet. Introduce it to her over and over throughout the week. There are tons of options for you and they will taste better freshly made instead of the jars. You can also mix the fruit in with the oatmeal or yogurt to sweeten the taste. Just make sure she gets the protein, and you are lucky since she likes the protein.

It won't be long before she won't let you feed her anything at all, because she will want to do it herself. If she has a few teeth, soft finger food may become very fun for her.
    redhed35 Posts: 4,221, Reputation: 1910
    Ultra Member

Feb 8, 2010, 12:55 PM

Keep offering different types of food,her patate is developing the more you offer the more varied her taste will be.

At 7 months she should still be on formula milk or breastmilk and she will receive plenty of vitamins and minerals through this.
    QLP Posts: 980, Reputation: 656

Feb 8, 2010, 11:45 PM

I agree with all the above.
    Also try mixing just a little of the things she isn't keen on in with those she likes.
    redhed35 Posts: 4,221, Reputation: 1910
    Ultra Member

Feb 10, 2010, 02:32 AM

I just wanted to add,if she is having mushy food,to mix in some of her formula,she's used to the taste and the under taste of the other food will still be there.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Fever with a 5 month old baby [ 3 Answers ]

What can I do to sooth a 5 month old baby with fever?

Can 18 month baby have vitiligo? [ 2 Answers ]

My 18 month daughter has developed a white spot on her back . I am not sure if it is vitiligo .I have got appointment with dermatologist but its still long time to go till end of march . Please let me know if it is possible at this age . Also what else it can be ? She has no problems with the spot...

One Month Baby Spitting Up [ 1 Answers ]

Just wondering what I can do to get my baby to stop spitting up so much... he is on breast milk and formula (whatever I can't provide; I supplement). He is healthy, happy and gained all his weight back. Just he spits up and sometimes it is a lot and goes through his nose. I feed him and burp him...

My 2 month old baby [ 1 Answers ]

My 2 month old baby has a black spot in the middle of his tongue for a week should be worried

My two month old baby [ 1 Answers ]

Hello, We a have a two month old baby and she has all of sudden developed a black spot on her tongue which appeared a week ago... what could it be?

View more questions Search