Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    bettyboowho Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Jan 30, 2010, 10:01 AM
    Numbness on right side of body and trouble walking
    I woke up with numbness on the right side of my body and trouble walking. What could this be. I still have numbness days later
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Jan 30, 2010, 10:03 AM
    Hi, bettyboowho!

Unfortunately, no one here can diagnose what might be happening to you. Are you able to get to a doctor?

Thanks!

Jan 30, 2010, 10:14 AM
    Numbness on right side of body and trouble walking
    My sister who is 55 yrs old woke up with numbness on her right side and trouble walking. After a few days, she still has the numbness. She went to the hospital and they took a CT scan in the hospital. The hospital told her its nothing. Something that hardened in the lower part of her cerebellum. But nothing to worry about. She is 55, overweight, and on the verge of diabeties. I think it's a small blood clot or narrowing of the arterties, but I am not a dr. Could taking an asparin a day work? And why is she having the numbness with the wobbly walking?

Jan 30, 2010, 10:15 AM

I added to my question just now. Thanks
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Jan 30, 2010, 10:47 AM
    Betty, it may be something very mild, or more serious like a stroke. You need to get this diagnosed by a doctor now.
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Jan 30, 2010, 10:50 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by bettyboowho View Post
    I added to my question just now. Thanks
    Please do not start another thread when responding to this inquiry. It most likely will get deleted as a duplicate post. Rather, respond right here.
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jan 30, 2010, 11:03 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by bettyboowho View Post
    I woke up with numbness on the right side of my body and trouble walking. What could this be. I still have numbness days later
    my sister who is 55 yrs old woke up with numbness on her right side and trouble walking. After a few days, she still has the numbness.
    Who has the numbness--you or your sister?
    She went to the hospital and they took a CT scan in the hospital. The hospital told her its nothing.
    The hospital doesn't report to the patient; the doctor does.
    why is she having the numbness with the wobbly walking?
    It's time for a second opinion. Take the scan pictures to another doctor.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Localized numbness throughout body [ 12 Answers ]

I have never been to the doctor about this because they always just brush me off, but I have random spots of numbness on my body. My right hip. One spot about the size of a quarter on my left thigh, and the tops of both of my feet from ankle to where the big toe begins (I think that's from spending...

Numbness of the right side of body and trouble seeing [ 5 Answers ]

So, I wasn't sure where to ask this, or if I should just go straight to the doctors. While I was at school yesterday, I was sitting down and reached to pick something up and realized my hand was numb. I checked the rest of my body and my right hand, arm, leg, foot and right half of my tongue was...

Walking on Side of Foot [ 1 Answers ]

My 17 year old son woke up one morning not able to walk on his foot. His foot has curved and is forced to walk on the side of his foot. I took him to an urgent care where they took x rays. No break, no sprain. The side of his foot was bruised and swollen but the pain was on the opposite side in...

View more questions Search