Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mathias42 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Nov 20, 2006, 06:38 PM
    80's Children's book Weekly reader
    I am looking for an old children's book I owned. It's about a girl whose best friend is a boy- for about the first chapter. They like playing Monopoly all day in the house when it's rainy. But over the summer he goes off, I think to camp, and starts to make other friends. Other boys. She is left feeling alone. As the book goes on she becomes friends with a girl everyone thinks is a little strange. The girl has long hair that is always combed down covering her face. A small part near her eye allows her to see and no one can remember what her face looks like. It ends up that she is covering up freckles -and no this book is not freckle juice.

My parents had me enrolled in a Weekly Reader book club. I was signed up to receive two books every month I think, and through this service. I got such classics as KLUTZ, My side of the Mountian, The Comeback Dog and THe Hot and Cold Summer. This book is a contemporary, and probably came through that book club.
    lisar822 Posts: 2, Reputation: 2

Aug 5, 2008, 09:40 AM
    Hi - from your description - I believe that the book you are looking for is entitled:
    "Your Former Friend, Matthew." I read it when I was a kid and I believe they have copies of the title through Amazon. Hope I was able to help! :)
    mathias42 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Aug 18, 2008, 01:23 PM
    I saw the reply a day after it was posted but wanted to wait until a copy arrived before commenting.

THIS IS IT!

Let me just say, I have been looking for this book for four years... heck, the question sat up here for almost two, so I am thrilled to have it.

I was a little skeptical at first. The name dosen't sound familiar, and the jacket image didn't ring a bell either (not in the blurry Amazon pics anyhow) but the description was dead on. THe book arrived today and the illustrations immediately were recognizable. There is so much I had forgotten about this book too! I'm delighted to be reading it again. THANK YOU!
    lisar822 Posts: 2, Reputation: 2

Aug 27, 2008, 07:41 AM
    Hi there! I'm glad that I was able to help you out :) I know how it is when you're trying to wrack your brain and nudge your memory for the title of a book! Lol I'm not bad at remembering little things. I'm the first one to set off on a Google search when an old book title eludes me. You mentioned that the current cover is different - I actually remember the old cover - it was a picture of the two friends with their backs against each other, she was holding a book and he was holding a bat, as if ready to hit a ball. There were also pictures inside the older print. If you ever need any help with another title, you know where to find me! Enjoy the book - it was one of the best :) They don't make 'em like they used to :)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

80's children's Movies in an Attic [ 1 Answers ]

I am looking for a movie I saw when I was a kid. It was in the mid 80's that I saw it. There was a woman in an attic and she would sing songs and there a knight in the attic also that she would talk to. This is a stretch but I am hoping someone will remember this movie.

Help! Another children's 80's or early 90's movie [ 6 Answers ]

All I remember from this movie is that this girl used to go through the closet in her bedroom to another land. I can't remember what she had to do there, but there was an evil lady that ate cherries out of an enclosed glass case to stay youthful. Towards the end the case got knocked over and the...

Please help! I can't remember this children's movie from the 80's [ 1 Answers ]

I don't remember much just that there was this girl and she had sisters I think two sisters and she babysat for kids and they threw up on her and then she ran out of the yard I think she was in a fairytale land or something please help I'm going nutts trying to remember

I think I might be crazy [80's children's movie] [ 7 Answers ]

Okay, so I vividly remember watching this movie as a little kid with my younger sister (which would place the movie in the 80's) but I do not remember the plot of the movie at all. All I remember is the title and it seems that I'm the only one that remembers this movie. I'm not sure of the...

A friend of mine wants to write a children's book [ 3 Answers ]

:) Hi Guys, A friend of mine wants to write a children's book. She has a great imagination. And she has the characters in her head. She believes that kids would really love her characters. I am giving her all the confidence she needs like " you can pull it off, and you can do it". But...

View more questions Search