Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Olivia132 Posts: 26, Reputation: 0

Jul 20, 2008, 11:04 PM
    You will find someone who can answer this question. Or you may need to go to someone.
    Don't listen to the godly. You see.. we all believe right, but some take it to the extreme and want to convert everyone to excessive belief.
    Good luck
    In Sorrow Posts: 82, Reputation: 5

Aug 23, 2008, 04:15 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Fr_Chuck
    No people do not communite with the dead, sadly there are those whose morals are low and will take advantage of people who truly miss others

Please live in the present, if you are having trouble dealing with thier loss, please please seek professional help in dealing with the loss.

There was a Scripture in the Bible in the old testement, where it said that Saul contacted a Spiritual Medium and called up " Samuels " Spirit and spoke to him, and Samuel asked why have you Disturbed my rest. So yes it is possible to speak to the dead. It is just that in the old testment it says God does not want us to speak to the dead, or consult mediums or fortune tellers. But it is possible, I had my Father speak to me in Dreams after he died.

It is True there are a lot of Psychic Mediums who are taking advantage of those who are gieving and they are not truly mediums. Just like there are Good Doctors, and there are Quack Doctors. You just have to be careful who you contact.

Also the Bible contradicts itself the old testment states that the dead are in a deep sleep and that they have no Conscience and no memory. It also states that the living know that they will die, but the dead do not know that they are dead. And that they shall be in a Sleep for 1,000 years till Christ comes and rises the dead.

In the New Testment it states something different, Christ told the Thief on the Cross that he will remember him and that he will have a place besides Christ in Heaven. Which means his Spirit has to leave his Body. Before Christ died on the cross he told his Father in heaven I commend my Spirit up to you, meaning that Christ spirit left his body . Also there is something in Peter that says Christs preaches to the Dead, in Spirit prision. Which clearly states that the Spirit leaves the body.

Also there have been sightings of the Blessed Mother Mary all over especially in Korea where miracles have happened, people have received the wounds of Christ the Stigmata and also a woman had the Host of Christ turn to blood and flesh. Which shows that the Saints are also Spiritually alive.

Also if we cannot speak to the Dead, we also cannot speak to God or Christ.
    Christian life Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 29, 2008, 09:43 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Fr_Chuck
    1. people don't become angels, ( read the bible)

2. we can speak, but in general we don't talk back and forth.

3. The people who do this for profit, are taking advantage of people who are in a mentally weak state of grief.

I just wanted to let you all know I do talk to the dead and that is how I know that it is real. I do not charge people for profit or at all. I know many people do not believe, but it is real and it is out there. People are afraid of it and that is why they do not want to believe. When this started to become a big part of my life I went to my pastor about it and he said it is very real. It is what you do with it that gift that makes the difference. I believe that anyone can do it. You just have to listen and trust yourself.:)
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Aug 30, 2008, 08:00 AM
    1. People do NOT become angels as Fe_Chuck said

2. I do believe that people can communicate with spirits and the Old Testament DID forbid it. We really can't say that what the mediums contact are actually our departed loved ones or a spirit impersonating them since the Bible says that the rich man could not warn the living.

3. I do believe there are real psychics and mediums but again are they truly contacting your loved ones or a impersonating spirit or just making it up. Even though I believe Sylvia Brown is usually right I am sure she has a good 25 to 50% margain of error or just plan making it up off the top of her head. For example, some stuff she tells people is so vague it could apply to anybody. Like your loved one wants you to know he is watching over you and he wants you to know he is in a better place and he wished he had more time with you before he passed. Then there were at least two times she told people that their missing loved one had been killed only to later turn up alive in another state.

As for the Bible contradicting itself. In the Old Testament the souls 'slept' until Jesus resurrection. Once he arose we no longer wait but are 'today with him in paradise.
    In Sorrow Posts: 82, Reputation: 5

Aug 30, 2008, 09:08 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Christian life
    I just wanted to let you all know I do talk to the dead and that is how I know that it is real. I do not charge people for profit or at all. I know many people do not believe, but it is real and it is out there. People are afraid of it and that is why they do not want to believe. When this started to become a big part of my life I went to my pastor about it and he said it is very real. It is what you do with it that gift that makes the difference. I believe that anyone can do it. You just have to listen and trust yourself.:)

Hello My friend, I am very interested in what you said. You see my Mother died on July 25th and I have been trying to communicte with her, I have an altar with her pictures on it and I put a glass of water too, and I pray and I ask her to please come into my dreams or show me a sign. I have not gotten though at all. My Father died 21 years ago, and I cannot even get though to him.

I know many people say they have the gift, even children. But all Christians who I talk to believe that the Dead are asleep until Christ comes back and rises the dead in the 2nd coming of Christ. They also say Mediums use Trickery to fool their clients, and even if they do make contact with something, they claim that it is Demons or Evil Spirits using Trickery by impersonating our loved ones. And that just breaks my heart. Because there is nothing more I would like to do than talk to my Mother or Father.

Can you please tell me what type of church you belong too that your Pastor Supports this theory? I am just so Curious, because I haven't met any Christian who believes this can be done, and I work with one from the " Pentocostal Faith " and another who is " Non Demonation ", and both of them said it can't be done. Myself I am of the Catholic Faith.
    Can you please help ?

P.S. there is a Scripture in the Bible that says in " Ecclessiastes 9:5 & 9:6 " For the living know they will die but the dead know nothing, and they have no more reward. But the memory of them is lost. Their Love and their Hate have already been perished. And they have no more forever any share that is under the sun.

Also Psalm 146 Verse 4. It says when his breath departs he returns to the earth. On that very day his plans perish. Also in Job 14:12 it says, as man lies down and rises not again; till the heavens are no more he will not awake or be roused out of his sleep.

According to these Bible scriptures it clearly states that the Dead are sleeping till the second coming of Christ in the resurrection of the Dead.

In Sorrow ( Donna ) :(
    Alder Posts: 342, Reputation: 71

Aug 30, 2008, 09:56 AM
    Hi, Corriehac. So sorry for the loss of your parents. It sounds like many of your ancestors and older generation family relations have passed on at this point. I see postings like yours on this site all the time, asking if someone can speak to deceased loved ones for the poster. It's unfortunate that our society (what could loosely be called Western Civilization) doesn't have a good program for this. Many (maybe I should say most) other societies do. In Mexico, there is the celebration of La Dia de los Muertos. Native Americans celebrate and connect to their ancestors in various ways. One ritual involves lighting a bonfire and opening the path into the spirit world (in many tribes, it is in the direction of the West--unlike the Celts who look to the north). They make plates of their ancestors' favorite foods and either give them to the fire or do something else with them to honor the ancestors. In Africa, the ancestors are kept close with all kinds of household and personal objects. In Japan and China, there are shrines to ancestors.

All of these serve the same purpose: To keep the connection with our family members who have crossed over, so that they know of our continuing love, and so that they will stay near us to give us their love and support and wisdom. You can use any ritual that is meaningful to you to do that, whether it is just keeping a photo on your nightstand, or going to a certain place that was meaningful to the person, or borrowing from any of the various cultural traditions that strike your fancy. (Note: Some people in some traditions don't appreciate non-members borrowing their rituals, but this is something that is universal, and you are only doing it for yourself, not so you can become a plastic shaman and make money).

Anyway, you don't need a psychic. Just be yourself, and connect with your family, living and dead, in your own ways. Trust that it works. Sure, a good psychic can tune in and tell you something about your ancestors that he or she could not have known by ordinary means. But so what? There are plenty of skeptics (some even on this site) who will look for an explanation that makes sense to them. The bottom line is that you can trust in their presence if you choose to. Even when people do use psychic gifts to contact the dead, they are usually calling on no greater power than the power of their imagination and yours (although the imagination is a much more powerful force than Western Civilization makes it out to be). To truly go and visit the dead is another matter, one most psychics can't or won't do. It is a great tampering with the laws of life. It can be done, but only in the most dire need, not only because we miss our loved ones who cross over. It is, as someone who answered this post suggested, a disturbing of their sleep, and a disturbing of our own state of being too.

But never mind that. We short-lived humans get our chance to cross through that doorway sooner or later. For you, the key is to understand, as some of the folks here have said, that your ancestors are always with you. Speak to them, and they will speak to you in their own way--not like something out of a ghost movie (unless they have a sense of humor)--but in a way that gives you blessing and peace. So speak to them, and then listen for a reply, but listen quietly and with patience--"To hear, one must be silent."

Blessings,

Alder

Aug 30, 2008, 09:56 AM
    Hi, Corriehac. So sorry for the loss of your parents. It sounds like many of your ancestors and older generation family relations have passed on at this point. I see postings like yours on this site all the time, asking if someone can speak to deceased loved ones for the poster. It's unfortunate that our society (what could loosely be called Western Civilization) doesn't have a good program for this. Many (maybe I should say most) other societies do. In Mexico, there is the celebration of La Dia de los Muertos. Native Americans celebrate and connect to their ancestors in various ways. One ritual involves lighting a bonfire and opening the path into the spirit world (in many tribes, it is in the direction of the West--unlike the Celts who look to the north). They make plates of their ancestors' favorite foods and either give them to the fire or do something else with them to honor the ancestors. In Africa, the ancestors are kept close with all kinds of household and personal objects. In Japan and China, there are shrines to ancestors.

All of these serve the same purpose: To keep the connection with our family members who have crossed over, so that they know of our continuing love, and so that they will stay near us to give us their love and support and wisdom. You can use any ritual that is meaningful to you to do that, whether it is just keeping a photo on your nightstand, or going to a certain place that was meaningful to the person, or borrowing from any of the various cultural traditions that strike your fancy. (Note: Some people in some traditions don't appreciate non-members borrowing their rituals, but this is something that is universal, and you are only doing it for yourself, not so you can become a plastic shaman and make money).

Anyway, you don't need a psychic. Just be yourself, and connect with your family, living and dead, in your own ways. Trust that it works. Sure, a good psychic can tune in and tell you something about your ancestors that he or she could not have known by ordinary means. But so what? There are plenty of skeptics (some even on this site) who will look for an explanation that makes sense to them. The bottom line is that you can trust in their presence if you choose to. Even when people do use psychic gifts to contact the dead, they are usually calling on no greater power than the power of their imagination and yours (although the imagination is a much more powerful force than Western Civilization makes it out to be). To truly go and visit the dead is another matter, one most psychics can't or won't do. It is a great tampering with the laws of life. It can be done, but only in the most dire need, not only because we miss our loved ones who cross over. It is, as someone who answered this post suggested, a disturbing of their sleep, and a disturbing of our own state of being too.

But never mind that. We short-lived humans get our chance to cross through that doorway sooner or later. For you, the key is to understand, as some of the folks here have said, that your ancestors are always with you. Speak to them, and they will speak to you in their own way--not like something out of a ghost movie (unless they have a sense of humor)--but in a way that gives you blessing and peace. So speak to them, and then listen for a reply, but listen quietly and with patience--"To hear, one must be silent."

Blessings,

Alder

Aug 30, 2008, 09:58 AM
    Sorry about that, my computer kind of stuttered...
    70541 Posts: 87, Reputation: 1

Oct 1, 2008, 09:43 PM

Generally... its INcredibly hard for psychics to do distance wise... generally when a family member dies they become a watcher of the current family till the ones she knew passes on... a guardian angel... so they speak... thats why they tend to make house calls and if you EVER find one located next to you make shure they know nothing about you and hide their pictures and items from them you kept
    Hubb Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Oct 7, 2008, 03:21 PM

This is truly very hard. My first time really.So what I'm getting is a face. Round features Brown hair that's short but not really short. She is very happy. Being happy is definitely a good sign that she has passed over. I hope this is a little bit helpful.
    amberlachelle Posts: 15, Reputation: 2

Oct 14, 2008, 04:34 PM
    Beautifully worded! Just remember, "Death does not part, only lack of love."
    They_r_here123 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Oct 18, 2008, 11:57 AM

I think I might help, I don't talk, I get energy feelings like emotions or physical. I might help but it hasn't worked in a hile
    jammy23 Posts: 545, Reputation: 0

Oct 21, 2008, 06:22 PM

I have been to a medium. She is in Staten Island. Everyone knows "Marti"... she never
    Met me in her entire life and she was sooooo
    On target... word for word. Many of my co-workers who lost loved ones downtown at
    The Twin Towers went to her. We're all
    Professionals... write me if you want more
    Information... but no one can go for you.
    It takes 8 months to a year for an appt.
    But mostly she calls people at the last minute when someone cancels.
    akkortleven Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Oct 23, 2008, 08:58 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Fr_Chuck View Post
    1. people don't become angels, ( read the bible)

2. we can speak, but in general we don't talk back and forth.

3. The people who do this for profit, are taking advantage of people who are in a mentally weak state of grief.
    Just to verify my expertise on this matter. (I am an amateur psychic medium who trained with SNU mediums with 40+ years experience in mediumship.)

1. You're right. It's ridiculous to think that people become angels. When we die, we are the same person we were before before we died.

2. Psychic Mediums and Mediums can have two way conversations between the deceased and themselves. But the conversations are actually three-way, i.e. the Medium gets the information from the deceased from one or more of their spirit guides and then the guide passes this information onto the Medium to convey to a loved one of the deceased.

3. A true Medium/Psychic Medium will never take advantage of a sitter (client). Although, I do confess that there are fakes out there, who are just after people's money. Most people develop and become Mediums/Psychic Mediums because they are caring individuals who want to help others and prove that life does indeed exist after death.

I myself used to be skeptical about life after death, but I saw a lot of things with my own eyes and am now fully accepting of psychic phenomena.
    shadowwatcher Posts: 4, Reputation: -2

Oct 25, 2008, 01:38 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by corriehac View Post
    I was wondering if it was possible to speak to the dead. And if so what would my mother say. Her name is Gail Brant she died at 56. I you can talk to her please let me know I miss her alot. MY grandmothers name was Margorie Litke, my grandfather Harry Litke, and my real Dad Robert Petit all deceased. If you talk to any of them please tell them to tell you something that only i would know so i know its really them. Please tell them that i miss them. I never new my dad, so he might not answer. thank you for your time
    you can talk to the spirits but the first time I tried they tried to kill me so here's one way I did it the simple way get a vocie recorder go where you think you mom or dad might be ask a question and then record and c what the recorder says
    jammy23 Posts: 545, Reputation: 0

Oct 25, 2008, 02:41 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by shadowwatcher View Post
    you can talk to the spirits but the first time i tryed they tryed to kill me so heres one way i did it the simple way get a vocie recorder go where u think you mom or dad might be ask a question and then record and c what the recorder says
    This is not my questions... I think things got mixed up... I simply asked for some good
    Psychics
    spiritcharms Posts: 230, Reputation: 30

May 17, 2009, 09:29 AM

Phew, what a read that was! I personally think the simple answer here to the original poster, if you want to try contacting your loved ones in spirit, then the best place to do that would be to attend a spiritualist church. If your loved ones are around and wishing to communicate with you,then they will come through a medium and pass on a message.

You can also just speak to them yourself out loud or in your thoughts, and listen closely you may feel comforted,you may hear something or feel something. But the best thing you can do is go to a spiritual church. But please remember that not all who pass to spirit come through straight away or through at all,and other times its been known to take 20 years before they communicate with you through a medium,but that doesn't mean they are not around, it just depends on circumstances,as there is no time in the spirit world like here on the earth plane, so what could take 50 years to us, can be seconds to spirit.

But the main thing here is if you are at a church your in a more comforting environment,around like minded people which is sure to bring comfort at least.
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

May 17, 2009, 10:02 AM

This thread has been closed since October of 2008 - time to shut it down - ?

May 17, 2009, 10:38 AM

Oh right lol, I thought you actually closed the topics when they had finished as I have seen somewhere else.

I know a lot of threads go way back, but with still being open thought you could post.To be honest I hadn't noticed the date on this topic when I replied.

Thanks for letting me know :)

May 18, 2009, 01:58 AM

jammie232 disagrees: I'm not christian and I don't think going to church is the only way
    I'm not a Christian either! And I didn't say that going to church is the only way. I said they would probably be best to go to a spiritualist church if they wanted to try and contact loved ones that have passed over,but even then you can't usually call upon people you want to come through, and maybe a wait, spirit usually come to you through a medium.

I also said that they could try talking to their deceased loved ones themselves.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Does anyone speak Tagalog? [ 15 Answers ]

I am fluent in tagalog and now that I'm back here in america, there is no one around that I can speak it with. I just want some simple conversation to keep it up.

Anyone speak spanish? [ 17 Answers ]

What does this mean? Losiento chica

Speak hesitations [ 3 Answers ]

When there is social gathering 8-10 people I feel nervousness and scared to speak and don't find any word to speak.Infact I got bored and want to run away.How can be a leader of group Please help

Anyone speak Latin? [ 1 Answers ]

Hey there! Anyone speak latin (late latin similar to what was spoken during the middle ages)? I'm in need of a simple translation from "Master Archer" from english to latin. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

Deciphering men speak [ 15 Answers ]

Hi everyone First post here - lots of well informed people on this site so thought I'd ask! Broke up with ex couple of months back (his call after a row), we decided to be friends, stayed in touch via text yet never got round to meeting because he was always busy and put it off. Eventually I...

View more questions Search