Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    KIMBERLEE28 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 20, 2006, 03:25 PM
    3rd Roommate Left, What About Her Deposit
    I Moved In With 2 Other Girls Into A Furnished Apt. In Honolulu, Hi Over 3 Years Ago. One Of The Roommates Moved Out After 1 Year. My Boyfriend Moved In. She Was Scared To Ask Him For Her Share Of The Security Deposit So She Left & I Am Not In Contact With Her Any Longer.

The Second Roommate Left & Also Did Not Ask For Her Share Of The Deposit. I Now Have Recently Moved & Got Back All Of The Security Deposit & Would Like To Share The Fair Amount With The Second Ex Roommate.

I Do Not Know The Proper Or Just Fair Way To Split The Money & Or If I Am Legally Obligated To Find The First Roommate To Give Her The Money Back.

Aloha,
    Kim
    walt17 Posts: 335, Reputation: 28

Nov 20, 2006, 07:01 PM
    Legally obligated--probably not. I don't know HI law, but I doubt that you have an obligation to try to find them.
    As to splitting the deposit, each person is entitled to one third. So if you want to share with the second room mate, that is all I would give her.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Credit card debt & a 3rd party collector [ 3 Answers ]

To be honest my credit card debt to American Express has gotten up to about $12,000 because of all the interest. It has been sent to GC Services, a third party collector. I am in school and will be done for the summer in about a month and will be working full-time then but am only working...

Roommate vs. Roommate evicitions ? [ 13 Answers ]

I am on a lease to rent a room. I found another person to rent the other room. I have lived at this house for 3 years. He has lived here for two months. I want him out because he is a nuisance. My rights as a tenant does not specifically state me as a Principle Tenant, but I've been here the...

3rd Party Legal Entitlement on Unsecured Debt [ 10 Answers ]

Hello, Even though this is my first post on AskMeHelpDesk, I have frequented the site on a semi-regular basis. Generally, my questions are already answered. But, I think I have a problem with this one. :confused: I have an Unsecured Debt, (Credit Card), that was charged off and sold to a...

Dealing with 3rd class mail [ 2 Answers ]

This is an outgrowth of a thread started here: https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/showthread.php?p=103196#post103196 The OP asked about stopping offers they were receiving for credit cards. One of the suggestions made was to use the Business Reply envelopes and just mail them back empty. The...

3 lights ran between 2 3-ways, can one of these lights be controlled by a 3rd switch? [ 2 Answers ]

There are 3 lights connected, 2 in one room and the third at the bottom of the stairs. There is a 3-way at the top of the stairs and another in the room with the 2 lights. This guy would like to also be able to switch off just the 3rd light at the bottom of the stairs. I did not dig into this too...

View more questions Search