Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    edrogers Posts: 10, Reputation: 1

Jan 24, 2010, 03:40 PM
    Red Light Blinking/Train Unit
    What does the continuous red light blinking on a XC 50A65-475 Circuit Board on a Train heating & air unit mean?
    Thanks,
    Ed
    hvac1000 Posts: 14,540, Reputation: 435
    Heating & Air Conditioning Expert

Jan 24, 2010, 03:45 PM
    That board has been replaced with this one.

http://www.white-rodgers.com/wrdhom/.../0037-6270.pdf

Your search for 50A65-475 returned the following item(s): Description of Model Number Searched:24V Integrated Hot Surface Control Suggested Replacement:50A65-843 Description of Suggested Replacement:Universal Silicon Nitride (Hot Surface) Ignition Control With Variable Timings. Replaces 50A65-120, -143, -288, -474, -475 And More.
    Take me to information on: 50A65-843

Jan 24, 2010, 04:33 PM
    So you mean I should replace the board with that one?

Jan 24, 2010, 04:34 PM

And the red light blinking means what?

Jan 24, 2010, 04:56 PM
    Ok thanks, I figured it out, appreciate your help.
    hvac1000 Posts: 14,540, Reputation: 435
    Heating & Air Conditioning Expert

Jan 24, 2010, 05:17 PM
    No problem

Jan 25, 2010, 06:21 PM

Ok got another question... I need to know how to correct the "flame rollout sensed". I have 5 red blinking lights.

Jan 25, 2010, 06:49 PM

How do you reset the flame sensor switch?
    mygirlsdad77 Posts: 5,713, Reputation: 339
    Plumbing Expert

Jan 25, 2010, 07:00 PM

You are talking about two different items. Flame rollout trips when it gets to hot, and is resetable with a tiny nob between the two electrical spades. Flame senser is not resetable, but can usually be fixed by cleaning the flame senser. Can you tell us exactly what the blinking code reads?

Jan 25, 2010, 07:26 PM

The blinking light code on the circuit board says 'Flame Rollout Sensor'.

Jan 25, 2010, 07:46 PM

I replaced the control circuit board in a Trane XR80 with a universal White-Rodgers 50A65-843 circuit board because I had a red blinking light on the old one. Now the circuit board continuous red blinking light code is telling me 'flame rollout sensor'.
    Can you help?

Jan 25, 2010, 07:58 PM

To clarify the typo, I meant the old circuit board had a continuous red blinking light, so I replaced it with the White Rodgers 50A65-843. Now the new board blinking light code is saying "Flame Rollout Sensor". Can you help?
    letmetellu Posts: 3,151, Reputation: 317
    Ultra Member

Jan 25, 2010, 08:20 PM

There is a "Flame Rollout sensor just above the burners of your furnace. I is mounted on a smalle piece of sheet metal, it has two wires running from it with a small stud between the two wire connectors. The stud is the reset button, when you put pressure on it and feel or hear a click that means that it needed reseting. If it does not click that mean it did not need reseting and that there is another problem if you are having troubles. Train is not one of my brands that I work on but basically they are the same. But some divverent brands have more than one rollout switch, so look around the burner area, they could be at each end of the burners. So just follow the wires of the wirst one that you find and you will find the others, if there are any, they are wired in series.

Jan 25, 2010, 08:36 PM

There are 2 yellow wires with a little red stud, black on the end that I assume is the flame sensor reset but I don't feel or hear a click.
    Is there anything else it could be?
    The code on the circuit board says 'flame rollout sensed'.
    What would you try to get my burners working?
    Thanks for everyone's help!
    mygirlsdad77 Posts: 5,713, Reputation: 339
    Plumbing Expert

Jan 26, 2010, 04:57 PM

I would check the switch for continuity with wires unhooked. If you don't know how to do that, then you can just bypass the switch(jump the two wires that hook to it), but do not run the furnace for any amount of time with the switch bypassed. If bypassing the switch worked, get a new switch before using the unit.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Kenmore Side by Side: no ice & red blinking light? [ 4 Answers ]

Help, My Kenmore side by side model # 106.565624 has stopped making ice and a red light next to its on/off switch is blinking. I have replaced the pur water filter and reset the water filtration and flushed the lines. I have also turned off then on the ice maker switch. No change - still...

I am getting a continuous blinking red light from my gibson gas furnace [ 1 Answers ]

The blower comes on but no ignition and no flame to heat up my home. I see a continuous blinking red light. Please help..

Ac green light blinking on carrier ac unit [ 2 Answers ]

Hey new to this forum so here's my question I have a carrier 24,000btu ac unit now it works good but after a couple days it would stop and the green light showing the ac unit is working will start flashing. Once I turn the breaker on and off the unit goes back to normal but lasts only a couple...

Remote Fan Control - blinking red light [ 6 Answers ]

I have a Hampton Bay remote control which was working great two days ago. I went away and came home today and it's not working. The red light on the remote is blinking fast but the fan and light won't go on, even with the pulls Any idea what would cause this fast blinking light in the remote?

View more questions Search