Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    eddie1047 Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Jan 23, 2010, 03:59 PM
    How to remove rotors on 1998 mountaineer
    How do you remove the front brake rotors on 1998 mercury mountaineer 4wd?
    TxGreaseMonkey Posts: 16,761, Reputation: 5597
    Uber Member

Jan 23, 2010, 04:03 PM

Steps 1 through 4, in the link below, should work:

https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/cars-t...ml#post1618425

You will likely need a 1/2 in.-drive breaker bar (15 inches long or more) to remove the caliper mounting bracket bolts.
    eddie1047 Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Jan 23, 2010, 04:16 PM

Am I right, there are only two bolts holding the caliper mounting bracket on.
    TxGreaseMonkey Posts: 16,761, Reputation: 5597
    Uber Member

Jan 23, 2010, 06:09 PM

Correct (15 mm).

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How can I remove a remote car starter from my chevy blazer (1998)? [ 2 Answers ]

We have tried Everything. It 'acts' like it is out of gas when the tank is full. The car just shuts off as though the gas isn't getting through. I have had replaced the fuel filter, the pump, all the relays, and some other things connected to the fuel line (I don't know what they were called). I...

How do you remove the brake rotors on a 1999 Buick Century? [ 2 Answers ]

I need to replace the front brakes and rotors on my daughter's 1999 buick century. I have replaced many brakes on other vehicles. Am I in for any challenges with this vehicle?

How do I remove rotors from car [ 3 Answers ]

I want to replace the pads and rotors on my 1991 Buick Park Avenue. I have done this on Ford products but I am not sure if it is the same on a Buick. Are there any "tricks" to removing the old rotors? Thank you for your help.

Cannot remove key from 1998 honda accord [ 2 Answers ]

I have a 1998 Honda Accord. When turning off the engine, if the transmission is not in park, of course, the key will not come out, but if I put it in park after this happens, the key still will not come out. I've tried restarting, engaging in park, move the shift to other positions and back to...

View more questions Search