Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    vansuram Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 23, 2010, 07:36 AM
    US Taxation of Real Estate Property in India for OCI card holders
    I am an US citizen and an OCI card holder. I recently purchased property in Inida . The Property is still under construction and not expected to finish till next year although I paid for it this year (taking a loan from my 401k) . Where should I report this investment if it needs to be reported ?
    MukatA Posts: 7,110, Reputation: 176
    Tax Expert

Jan 23, 2010, 07:42 AM

No, you do not report the investment. You may be required to file Form TD F 90-22.1 to report your bank account and financial account info.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Inheritance tax on real estate (in india) [ 4 Answers ]

I inherited real estate from my mother in India which will be sold, the proceeds of which will be sent to me in the United States. Am I taxed on this inheritance and how do I transfer the funds without tax consequence. Do I need a tax attorney in the States and how do I go about finding one with...

Selling real estate aborad - taxation in US [ 1 Answers ]

I am a dual citizen - US and Russia, my permanent residency is in US and I pay US taxes. However, I have a flat in Russia which I am considering to sell. I am aware of Russian tax law, but not sure how profits from this transaction would be processed in US. Do I pay any taxes in the US (I owned...

Lien against real estate property [ 3 Answers ]

I would like to file a lien on my aunts house. She is very sick and her kids (who by the way have never been around in ten years) are wanting to sell it. I am in her will, as well as the other two kids. I have spent $16,000 in repairs over the past few years to keep it rented. The rent is only...

Recourse for a levy on real estate property [ 2 Answers ]

Is there any recourse for a levy that has been placed on property because of a debt in Massachusetts. Is there a way to keep the laywer from proceeding to sell your poperty if they do not agree to our payment arrangements of the debt.

View more questions Search