Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    kideo Posts: 9, Reputation: -2

Jan 22, 2010, 02:31 AM
    My younger sisters ear infection
    Early last year my younger sister (20yrs) decided to pierce her ears again (now making it two holes on each ear) because she complained that the one she was already using ached her anytime she put on earrings. Unfortunately for her, an infection later occurred and she basically paid little attention to it (she seems to have a phobia for hospitals). Now each ear has a large bulge behind the newly pieced area and it has been like that for about a year now. Finally I was able to get her to a hospital last week but the doctor said that peoples skin varies and that if he decides to cut the bulge off that it could grow back even larger if her skin is sensitive. He only gave her a cream to ease the occasional itching and because she complained that at times she feels as if something is moving inside the bulge. I might be wrong, but I'm not fully satisfied with the doctors analysis. Please what exactly is her conditoned called and what are the most effective and complication free ways of treating her. I will really appreciate your advice. Thanks
    rosemcs Posts: 325, Reputation: 47

Jan 22, 2010, 11:34 AM

That sounds like a metal allergy which results in a huge bump and itch/pain anywhere around the earring. She will have to wear 14K gold or white gold or up and sterling silver to begin with. If that doesn't help, go with a higher karat.

Also, she has to keep the earlobe clean with hydrogen peroxide. She can wipe the peroxide onto the part of the earring that goes into her ear.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Younger brother jealous of older sisters boyfriend [ 2 Answers ]

My 12 yr old son is very jealous of his 16 yr old sister. He came home after school one day several months ago to find his sister in her bedroom with a boy. He noticed a love bite on her neck. He was very upset and refused to speak to her for 2 weeks. My daughter was appropriately disciplined for...

Tell me could this be an ear infection [ 1 Answers ]

My ear is hurting real bad I am getting dizzy I am getting a ringing in my ear I have a headache And I feel a lot of pressure behind the eardrumb both of my ears are hurting

Ear infection [ 1 Answers ]

Before I got my ears pierced, there had been something inside my left ear. From outside, everything looked normal, but when you touched it, you could feel there was something hard inside. Now after my ears were pierced, the thing inside my left ear "moved" to the place where exactily the pierced...

Ear infection [ 6 Answers ]

My dog has an ear infection and the vet prescribed some ear drops. I was wondering if what Labman suggested for cleaning the ears can be done easily or should I have someone show me first then do it on my own. I really would hate to screw up his hearing or balance in case I poke something in the...

View more questions Search