Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    GLOSHEP Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Jan 21, 2010, 08:38 AM
    How much income can I make on disabilty without paying taxes?
    I make $720.00 a mo. On my disablity. How much can i make a month without paying taxes.i only work about10 hrs a week and sometimes make $100 t0 400 a week.

Jan 21, 2010, 08:40 AM

Answer this question.

Jan 21, 2010, 08:51 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by GLOSHEP View Post
    I make $720.00 A MO. ON MY DISABLITY. hOW MUCH CAN i MAKE A MONTH WITHOUT PAYING TAXES.i ONLY WORK ABOUT10 HRS A WEEK AND SOMTIMES MAKE $100 T0 400 A WEEK.
    Before deductions.

Jan 21, 2010, 08:53 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by GLOSHEP View Post
    I make $720.00 A MO. ON MY DISABLITY. hOW MUCH CAN i MAKE A MONTH WITHOUT PAYING TAXES.i ONLY WORK ABOUT10 HRS A WEEK AND SOMTIMES MAKE $100 T0 400 A WEEK.
    Before Deductions,
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

Jan 21, 2010, 09:08 AM
    Please be patient as we are ALL volunteers and as such the person with the required information may not of seen your question as yet.
    AtlantaTaxExpert Posts: 21,836, Reputation: 846
    Senior Tax Expert

Jan 21, 2010, 11:37 AM
    Gloshep:

Some disability payments are taxable; others (such as Social Security Disability) are tax-exempt.

Further, some disability which is tax-exempt becomes taxable if added to other taxable income.

Your taxable income for a years will range from $5,000 to $20,000 per year. That IS enough to possibly make your disability income subject to income taxes.

There is also the LEGAL aspect of the fact that you are working MAY endanger your right to the disability payments you are currently receiving.

There are too many variables and unknowns for me to properly answer your question.

I suggest you see a local tax professional to review your situation, analyze your disability documents, and do some research to give you the advice you need. It may cost you a few hundred dollars, but the advice given should be solid and well worth the money.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How Much Can I Make without Paying Income Taxes [ 4 Answers ]

I get $348.00 pension from my late husband. I get this amt in one year. I am on SSI for the rest of my income. Do I need to file taxes on this money?

Paying state taxes for a Michigan Resident with income from Maryland Rental. [ 1 Answers ]

I live in Michigan and own a house in Maryland that I rent to other people. Do I pay taxes on this income to Maryland or Michigan or both?

Paying taxes on 1099 income [ 3 Answers ]

I have a regular, full-time salaried position, but just started a business as an independent contractor (1099). I am about to receive my first commission earning and realize that I will need to file taxes. How much can I expect to pay in taxes (percentage)? Is it based on how much I make a year...

H1B, employer not paying withheld income taxes [ 3 Answers ]

I know that my employer isn't paying the income taxes that he withholds from my salary. Does that affect my situation regarding my H1B? I mean in the application it says that I should be paid a certain salary to have this Visa and if the taxes that are withheld are not paid it will look like I have...

View more questions Search