Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    NewYorker50 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 20, 2010, 04:47 PM
    Text message for a date
    How can I get my ex back after a way from her for a long time. Just can not stop thinking about her. Were together for 4 years. It is hard for me to move on. Thanks a lot
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jan 20, 2010, 05:10 PM

You can't get her back. That's why she's called "ex." Get out and about with people. Join a gym, help out at a shelter or animal rescue or library or food pantry, volunteer at a hospital or nursing home -- get back into life and stop feeling sorry for yourself. Someone is out there waiting for you.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jan 20, 2010, 06:14 PM

You can't, she has it sounds moved on, so you need to start asking other people out and start dating.

But the text away and actually talk to other people in real life.
    neverme Posts: 1,430, Reputation: 270
    Ultra Member

Jan 20, 2010, 06:27 PM

There were reasons for breaking up, try to remember them, if ye were great together... you'd still be together.

Coming home after being away leads us back down memory lane. You need to stop on that lane, realise that this is not your life, turn around and start making the most of what you have now and not reminiscing on 'the good ol times'.

They're not, in all honesty, that great anyway.

Get a new hobby or go to a new place, try to get something new that you can be excited about in your life.
    roxypox Posts: 1,028, Reputation: 328
    Ultra Member

Jan 20, 2010, 06:38 PM

You need to stop thinking about it, to text her for a date now, will be (more likely than not) HIGHLY unfair...

x's are x's for a reason, I know someone else already said this, but its true!

why did the two of you break up

and

what has triggered this anyway?
    amicon Posts: 6,066, Reputation: 1911
    Uber Member

Jan 21, 2010, 03:48 AM

The past is the past-time to move forward and be happy in the present.
    Romefalls19 Posts: 4,739, Reputation: 1130
    Ultra Member

Jan 21, 2010, 06:24 AM

Stop focusing on one girl! And open your mouth, people respect you more if you ask them out using words, not some phone.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

TEXT message after 1st date [ 5 Answers ]

Had my first date. Had fun this guy chit chatting for a good 3 hours while having lunch yesterday. Texted him how he was doing and hope he is enjoying his rotation (work). Texted back. "Thanks for everything. Back to work for me. Have a good one." What does that mean?:confused:

Text Message [ 1 Answers ]

How can I read my child's old text messages

Text message access from PC [ 3 Answers ]

How do you access your cingular go phone text messages, sent and received, from your computer (already have a set up for recharging phone from PC.)

Text message from ex [ 26 Answers ]

Hi everyone, Venting again.. after telling the ex I will not be part of the games he plays with me any more, coming in and out of my life every 3 months, saying he needs me, wants to grow old with me and all other great things only to end up saying and doing all the opposite.. ...

View more questions Search